Black & Veatch Lead Electrical Startup Engineer in United States
Lead Electrical Startup Engineer
Management of all project commissioning and startup activities in accordance with the Critical Path Method (CPM) schedule and within the established startup budget. Has authority to allocate resources and make startup, commissioning, and testing decisions in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages the process of construction completion turnover to startup, startup turnover to operations, and final turnover to the client.
• Manages priorities and activities of startup staff.
• Develops and maintains a detailed startup schedule and detailed set of startup packages to track Startup completion and progress.
• Responsible to managing and monitoring the Startup budget and man hours.
• Develops clear startup procedures as required by contract to coordinate the startup effort.
• Plans and prepares for startup activities and major milestones (chemical cleaning, steam blow, demonstration tests, etc.).
• Implements a coordinated operations control program ensuring good communication and the smooth execution of operational activities.
• Creates and implements controls process for spares, consumables, outstanding work, and material deliveries.
• Coordinates the daily activities effecting and involving startup.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable for duties and accountabilities.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement efforts. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
5+ years of startup experience, with at least one previous assignment as a lead discipline engineer. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineer or higher
• 15+ Filed Experience in Power Plant startup and commissioning role
• Experience in Coal Fired Power Plant and Super Critical Boiler
• Well-versed in Electrical startup and commissioning technic and process
• Good communication in English both speaking and writing
• Accumulate of leadership skill with a good team work attitude
• Able to work well under pressure
• Computer literacy
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.