Black & Veatch Marketing & Communications (MarCom) Manager 1 in Singapore
Marketing & Communications (MarCom) Manager 1
Business Line:Corp-Strategic Sales & Mrktng
Black & Veatch is a global leader in engineering, construction and consulting services for the energy, water and communications markets. Our professionals leverage advanced technology, IP and an innovative culture to provide solutions focused on sustainability, resilience and improving the quality of life for communities around the world.
Corporate Marketing & Communications (MarCom) is the global marketing and business development unit that builds strong relationships with external influencers and client decision makers in order to significantly enhance Black & Veatch’s revenue. MarCom’s focus is to increase global brand awareness and build client relationships that directly contribute to revenue by deploying innovative marketing and communications solutions.
Our Hong Kong operations are well-established, particularly in the water and environmental services sectors, since our first project in 1930. The office is based in Kwun Tong.
Reporting to the Director, Media Relations in Red Hill, United Kingdom, this professional will represent MarCom in the Hong Kong office. As a marketing and communications professional, they will be responsible for executing public relations and marketing activities in support of projects that will build awareness of the company’s solutions, innovations and expertise. While formally based in Hong Kong, the scope of the role is focused on work throughout Asia Pacific and across the company’s global footprint. You will be joining the global MarCom team.
Critical skill sets include public relations, content development, social/digital media, project/campaign management, brand support, collateral development.
Black & Veatch operates in a rapidly transforming business environment as technology, data analytics, and regulatory schemes drive our clients to seek new means of serving their customers. The MarCom Manager must understand and communicate our strategy and vision to external audiences and in their role within assigned work groups.
This is a first line leadership position with the opportunity to develop strong relationships across the company. English journalist-level written proficiency is essential while in non-English written and business communication is welcomed. Familiarity with branding activities including marketing campaigns, search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing automation platforms is preferred. Additional opportunity/responsibility for overseeing one or more related functions or significant projects in the following areas will be based on experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops and maintains strong working relationships and contacts with prime, trade, local and social media outlets, creating earned media opportunities
• Has staff project management responsibilities for a work group or project team.
• Serves as business advisor to business line or smaller subsets of the company.
• Establishes priorities; provides work direction and assignments; monitors work to ensure deadlines met; conducts review.
• Provides innovative, well-written/clean copy content in support of department and business unit programs.
• Influences budget priorities/vendor selection and monitors for performance.
• Manages communications activities e.g. assigning and/or leading projects, developing/reviewing/ editing/ approving content for print and digital use
• Participates in forecasting of internal and external needs to develop content for a wide variety of complex marketing and communications applications and programs
• Responsible for scheduling all jobs into production schedule
• Applies advanced communication knowledge, skills and principles
• Supports Reputation Management activities
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing work and problem solving
Marketing / Branding:
• Requires knowledge of company services, business lines, marketing strategies and company editorial standards/practices
• Requires advanced knowledge of principles, theories and concepts of writing and the ability to integrate critical information from many diverse areas
• Manages projects in support of the marketing function (e.g. leading projects, reviewing/ editing/ approving marketing materials and collateral)
• Oversees/develops content to be used, whether produced internally or by an outside vendor
• Participates in the development and implementation of strategic plans to develop and promote content to increase the brand identity to maximize company sales and contribute to profitable growth.
• Familiarity with marketing automation platforms, data visualization preferred.
• Focus is on a single, easily identified brand
Bachelor's degree in related field preferred, or equivalent experience. 6+ years progressive experience, including 2+ years supervisory. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Industry experience preferred. Preferred Competencies: • Strong written and verbal communication skills • Strong knowledge of marketing/ branding/ communications concepts • Strong interpersonal and networking skills • Strong research and analysis skills • Intermediate problem solving and organization skills • Intermediate computer skills • Intermediate multi-tasking skills and attention to detail • Intermediate project management skills • Intermediate supervisory skills • Intermediate conflict management skills • Intermediate presentation skills • Intermediate leadership ability • Advanced knowledge of company services, business lines and potential applications • Advanced understanding and knowledge of services and customer requirements • Experienced in management techniques and controls, marketing and contract administration • Advanced knowledge about new technologies or applications that could enhance the company’s brand or image • Advanced knowledge and experience in strategic event planning • Requires advanced knowledge of company services, business lines, marketing strategies and company editorial standards/practices • Requires advanced knowledge of principles, theories and concepts of communication and the ability to integrate critical information from many diverse areas required • Possesses extensive theoretical practical and industry knowledge • Applies advanced copywriting and editing skills • Requires advanced knowledge of company services, business lines, marketing strategies and company editorial standards/practices • Requires advanced knowledge of principles, theories and concepts of writing and the ability to integrate critical information from many diverse areas required • Possesses extensive theoretical practical and industry knowledge • Applies advanced copywriting and editing skills • Requires advanced knowledge of databases, word processing and spreadsheets • Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize work • Requires expert knowledge of company services, business lines, and marketing strategies • Advanced understanding and knowledge of services and customer requirements • Requires advanced knowledge of principles, theories and concepts of writing and the ability to integrate critical information from many diverse areas required • Event Coordinating • Requires expert knowledge of successful meeting/conference, and trade show planning techniques and methodologies • Extensive knowledge of trade show activities and venues • Intermediate negotiating skills
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.