Black & Veatch BIM Manager in Singapore
The BIM Manager will facilitate the successful implementation of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) technologies, standard methods and procedures. Champion BIM processes program-wide while providing support to Design, and Construction groups and client asset maintenance and operations. The BIM/Information Manager will work closely with all stakeholders to support Program execution excellence in a collaborative environment through the use of innovative technology, the application of recognized ISO/BS/SS standards and the adoption of agreed standard methods and procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The role has three principal components:
• Managing the Common Data Environment (CDE)
• Project information management to ensure accuracy and integrity
• Collaborative working, information exchange and project team management
• Establishing a common data environment, along with its processes, procedures and security and ensuring its integrity.
• Establishing the information structure and standards for the information model, agreeing output formats and validating compliance.
• Establishing responsibilities for the provision of information and its level of detail for each project component and stage.
• Enabling integration of information by all project stakeholders and co-ordination of information.
• Assisting the project team to establish information exchange processes and management procedures such as record keeping and change control procedures.
• Report to management and project leadership on program’s current and projected state with respect to BIM
• Facilitate the relationship between all design, management, construction and commissioning entities to develop tools and processes which benefit the program/project delivery and hand-over
• Drive standards, processes and procedures
• Demonstrate and communicate VDC / BIM benefits to external and internal clients and stakeholders
• Identify and champion training, mentoring and knowledge sharing activities; including development of training material, presentations, and multimedia formats
• Coordinates with all stakeholders on requirements and schedules for the budgeting, procurement, and roll-out of new and updated VDC / BIM applications as the program matures
• Test and benchmark hardware and software configurations, monitor usage and versioning, and make appropriate recommendations for improvements, upgrades and purchases
• Work with stakeholders to develop, disseminate and implement program-wide standards for VDC / BIM technologies and processes
• Develop and document standard practices to improve construction efficiency through the use of technology
• Coordinate VDC / BIM efforts across Joint Venture team to support a cohesive approach and consistent deliverables
• Research innovative ways to utilize VDC / BIM processes to create a unique project experience both internally and externally
• Provide guidance and oversight of all BIM related professionals associated with program/project
• Manage project information from various sources; both schematic and spatial applications
• Champion effective change management processes leveraging VDC / BIM
• Promote client’s larger BIM vision including interfacing with various Asset Management systems and processes
• Provide guidance and support for designers and contractors on the program’s BIM policy
• Facilitate the use of 3D, 4D, 5D & 6D processes to support construction planning, logistics, estimating, commissioning, coordination and handover
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 12+ years of experience in VDC / BIM, 3D modeling, construction technology, or related field
• Experience in these applications on similar large scale infrastructure projects.
• Superior knowledge of VDC / BIM processes and technologies with an understanding of the direction of building information modeling and its impact on the AEC industry
• Experience with project extranets and virtual collaboration technologies
• In-depth expertise of current VDC / BIM related systems and network infrastructure
• Knowledge of VDC / BIM as it applies to construction work packaging, construction planning & sequencing
• Understanding of project workflows (schematic design, design development, construction documentation phases) and basic project management
• Understanding of construction management and commissioning aspects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, clearly and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
• Strong, self-motivated work ethic; must uphold JV values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others.
• Commissioning of works documentation retention and use
• Asset Management knowledge
• Management and/or project management experience
• Superior knowledge of MicroStation, AECOsim, AutoCAD, Revit, Civil 3D, Navisworks, and other design technologies with direct experience using prior and current versions
• Cloud/Enterprise Document Management application support and process development experience (Such asPrimaVera Project Planned, ACCONEX, Vault, Box, OneDrive, etc., PMIS)
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university majoring in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management preferred
• Experience participating on multi-discipline project work-teams
• Ability to work independently and effectively within the team environment to encourage creativity, innovation, and continuous improvement
• Self-directed and self-motivated to solve problems quickly and creatively
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.