Black & Veatch Project Manager, Management Consulting in US, United States
Project Manager, Management Consulting
Business Line:Management Consulting
Will lead a small to medium size effort or project team. Will delegate team work assignments through various phases of an engagement. May manage projects from prospect to client deliverable. Provides technical or industry knowledge to contribute to the completion of multiple engagement phases. Demonstrate capabilities with moderate level of oversight and collaboration with more senior level professionals. Scope and size of projects they contribute to are generally smaller or they may own a smaller portion of a larger project.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Management Capability:
• Manages client expectations within defined scope of engagement
• Recommends appropriate resources based on the phases of an assignment
• Delegates work to assigned team members
• Uses defined processes and practices in assessing engagement risks
• Manages engagement issues in less complex projects or escalates issues in more complex projects
• Transfers knowledge, capabilities, and skills to improve others’ knowledge and skill levels
• Enhances established working relationships with team members and management from within the client’s organization
• Contributes to quality review on own engagement
• Ascertains and meets client expectations within scope of engagement role
• Develops applicable knowledge bases by using best practices to redefine tools and techniques.
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
• Seven years of experience in business/consulting environment
• At least 1 year of experience as a Project Manager
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Master’s degreePreferred
• Knowledge of a complete engagement lifecycle.
• Developing business development capability.
• Advanced technical or industry knowledge.
• Knowledge base in two or more solution areas.
• Advanced knowledge in one or more aspects of consulting processes. • Human relations skills including collaboration and team functions.
• Ability to understand team functions and lead operation in an engagement environment.
• Ability to operate multiple software packages.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.