Black & Veatch Manager, Consulting-Water in US, United States
Business Line:Management Consulting
Black & Veatch Management Consulting, LLC (BVMC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Black & Veatch. We combine world-class management consultants with the technical expertise and knowledge of nearly 100 years of service to our clients. Our industry experience, exclusive focus, technology savvy and ability to integrate Black & Veatch resources and services makes us unique. Our experienced consultants help clients develop effective strategies to maximize the value of their assets today and manage the evolution of your organization in order to meet tomorrow’s challenges. From addressing the challenges of implementing transformational new technologies like Smart Grid, Cyber Security, and meeting RPS requirements, to meeting the ongoing operational issues like securing financing, setting rates and containing costs today, BVMC is uniquely positioned to advise on, and subsequently help implement, the concepts and technologies needed to support our client’s success.
Primary role is to manage water, sewer, and stormwater utility financial and management consulting engagements, from project initiation to completion. The professional will also be responsible for the delivery of the project and maintain the as-sold project gross margin. Will manage client relationships and provide technical direction and quality review to the project team members. The individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong client relationships with senior level professionals in the client organization. The professional will actively support business development from pursuit identification through proposal delivery and contract negotiation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Contribute to the development and implementation of business strategies and objectives of financial and management consulting service offerings
• Manage project team, supervise task execution, and provide performance evaluations
• Provide project management including team coordination, client communication, invoicing, collections, and project metrics for all phases of an engagement
• Support active mentoring through knowledge transfer, skill development, and career development guidance
• Generate pursuits and bring them to fruition through effective selling of advisory & planning services
• Design solutions to address client’s project needs, and provide technical direction , and subject matter expertise to the team and the client
• Deliver client solutions aligned with defined value proposition across multiple areas of a client’s businesses
• Anticipates and resolves technical problems with minimal technical assistance from others
• Leverage knowledge and experience to assess alternative approaches to solving problems
• Facilitate stakeholder engagement with diverse stakeholders including utility staff and management, elected officials, and community
Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience. 7+ years experience in a business/consulting environment. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Master's degree strongly preferred. 4+ years Business Development experience preferred.
• Depth and breadth of knowledge in water/sewer utility consulting
• Advanced project management skills
• Strong business development capability • Business and consulting management skills
• People management skills including evaluation and mentoring
• Advanced knowledge in all aspects of consulting processes
• Ability to lead, guide, and mentor team of professionals to create collaboration
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• Exhibits high ethical standards in business and in work. Maintains a reputation of integrity among clients
• Strong business acumen knowledge and skills
• Results driven and action oriented
• Ability to interface with multiple offices and cultures
• Ability to think strategically and create persuasive message
• Understanding of budgets and financial and performance metrics
• Self-starter and ability to make decisions independently
• Verbal and written communication skills, including presentations
• Ability to meet deadlines and be flexible to multiple demands of project teams and shifting priorities
• Comprehensive understanding of the water industry; ability to maintain effective relationships with key clients at the highest levels
• Good problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Leadership skills
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.