Black & Veatch Electrical Superintendent - Power in Tempe, Arizona
Electrical Superintendent - Power
Superintendents will manage large utility grade solar construction projects throughout the Southeast. Successful candidates will interface and monitor supervision, craft employees, assigned subcontractor supervision and field engineering. Daily tasks to include direct hire craft productivity, performance and assigned subcontractors performance. Superintendents will ensure adherence by all discipline craft and subcontractors to safety, quality, schedule and performance expectations as defined by Black and Veatch. This position will provide craft supervisors information and technical direction required to complete project safely, timely and in a quality manner. Other responsibilities to include: Schedule and project expectations being clearly defined to craft supervision and subcontractors. Ensuring schedule requirements are communicated to all levels of craft discipline and coordinating the interpretation of technical requirements. The Superintendent will provide technical data and information as required to direct hire workforce, the Subcontractors supervision or construction engineers. This position will also ensure compliance by workforce or subcontractor to all standards, procedures, and contractual commitments within the bounds of all applicable policies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitors, verifies and reports on construction activities for compliance with the CPM schedule; tracks and reports on completion of project schedule activities and commodity installation.
• Assists craft/subcontractors in resolving problems and reports on issues related to drawings and information, schedule, quality, quantity tracking, cost reporting, and safety.
• Monitors discipline construction productivity, progress, and cost, and reports to Construction Manager and Field Project Controls Manager. Takes necessary actions to maintain targets.
• Conducts foreman/subcontractor meetings to review/assist in daily, weekly, and monthly planning.
• Develops and monitors 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule for assigned work scope.
• Develops corrective plan to ensure progress and productivity targets are met.
• Verifies that all material, manpower and other resources needed to support the 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule are available and on site.
• Develops, monitors, and reports on completion of craft/subcontractor punch list activities.
• Maintains a daily log for site records.
• Reviews all craft/subcontractor timesheets, installed quantity reports, and progress payment requests.
• Monitors supplier Technical Service Representative (supplier) daily log and reviews/approves their timesheets.
• Communicates and coordinates assigned craft/subcontractor(s) daily and weekly work plans with other discipline Superintendents and Construction Manager.
• Monitors assigned subcontractor(s) for compliance with subcontract scope and schedule requirements.
• Develops a stable working relationship with assigned subcontractor(s).
• Assists Field Subcontract Administrator in the preparation of all extra work authorization requests (RFMPs/WAs).
• Assists the Construction Engineer in the compilation of or answering Contractor Information Requests. Responsible for compiling and answering CIRs if required.
• Administers the execution of work packages and equipment installation.
• Develops and distributes a Job Hazard Analysis for major erection packages within scope.
• Identifies Potential backcharges and out of scope issues and reports to Construction Manager. Supports commercial recovery process.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management to direct reports.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Acts in capacity of a "supervisor." Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. Supervises direct hire projects general foreman and foreman and CM projects subcontractors, superintendents, and construction engineers.
5+ years experience as Superintendent 2 on similar projects or equivalent. Construction Management and Contract Administration training and qualification required. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Engineering or Construction Management degree preferred.
• Budget and Cost Control Skills
• Industrial relations knowledge for recognizing and resolving potential labor issues
• Knowledge of Company construction guides and manuals.
• Construction safety awareness and comprehension
• Conflict Management Skills
• Multi-tasking Ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
• Problem-solving Skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Project Management Skills
• Communication Skills
• Constructability Knowledge within discipline
• Constructability Knowledge within other disciplines
• Conceptual Planning Ability
• Legal Contract understanding ( EPC / Subcontracts )
• Leadership Ability
• Human Relations Skills
• Risk Assessment/Management
• Cost Code Labor Productivity Systems
• Time Reporting Policies and Procedures
• Construction Guides and Standards
• Computer Skills
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.