Black & Veatch Stakeholder Engagement Specialist in South East, United Kingdom
Stakeholder Engagement Specialist
United Kingdom-South East
To establish in-house specialist stakeholder, including community, engagement services for B&V.
To provide stakeholder engagement services and input to projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Design best practice stakeholder engagement plans
Organise and deliver public exhibitions
Design and facilitate stakeholder discussion workshops
To work with in-house teams to develop required social media technology and strategies.
To develop B&V client base for stakeholder engagement
To provide specialist stakeholder engagement input to fee bids and proposals.
To provide specialist / technical reviews of stakeholder engagement work produced by others (internal or external consultants)
To mentor junior members of staff to build in-house capability
To liaise and collaborate with clients, contractors, and internal professionals from a range of technical disciplines.
To deliver project tasks on time and within agreed budgets.
• Experienced and motivated stakeholder engagement specialist
• Experienced in designing best practice stakeholder engagement plans
• Experience in organising and delivering public exhibitions
• Experienced in designing and facilitating stakeholder discussion workshops
• Experience in analysing and reporting on engagement effectiveness using best practice methods
• Experience in advising / auditing on effectiveness of engagement strategies against best practice criteria
• Excellent team working skills
• Proven ability to understand what success looks like for clients and stakeholders, and deliver engagement that builds trust and support from all stakeholders
• Experience in developing social media plans and online consultation strategies
• Experience as expert witness at public inquiry
• Experience in leading training on best practice engagement techniques.
Full time/Part time will be considered for this role.
Education & training: BSc
Academic & profess’l qualif’ns:
Background & experience: Previous experience in managing stakeholder and community engagement for infrastructure projects
Knowledge base: Stakeholder engagement for UK infrastructure schemes
Skills: Excellent skills in
• partnership building
• communications (verbal, written and audiovisual)
Personal attributes: Team player, self-reliant, well organised, proactive, confident client-facing professional.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Background in undertaking stakeholder and community engagement in energy and water sectors; ideally for government clients. International experience is desirable but not essential.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.