Black & Veatch Assistant Web Developer in Scotland, United Kingdom
Assistant Web Developer
The amey-Black & Veatch (aBV) joint-venture is responsible for delivering the Scottish Water Wastewater Infrastructure Programme to alleviate sewer flooding and reduce discharge of pollution to Scotland’s watercourses. The Programme includes more than 400 projects with a value in excess of £360M over 6 years. Our team consists of more than 170 staff including programme managers, project managers, design and construction engineers, quantity surveyors and specialized staff. We operate a SharePoint cloud space giving staff access to project documentation, our ISO certified management system and various commercial and technical applications.
We are seeking an Assistant Application Designer to work on the Application Technology Team to assist in the development of SharePoint applications, Power BI reporting and development of mobile applications for construction site activities. As Assistant Application Developer you will work with the Senior Application Developer, Application Technology Team Leader and various programme, project, design, construction and commercial team member to adapt existing systems and tolls onto new platforms and to develop new systems and tools.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
As assigned by the Application Technology Team Leader:
• Contribute to configuration, development and maintenance of MS SharePoint Cloud project environment
• Develop Cloud based software tools and mobile applications
• Support transformation of existing ISO certified management system from MS Work to a new metadata driven cloud platform
Senior Application Designer
Application Technology Team
Project Team Members
• Ability to communicate with people in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines
• Enthusiasm to drive small software projects and develop new tools
• Excellent organisational skills including the ability to progress numerous initiatives and actions simultaneously prioritise work under pressure and complete within deadlines.
• Ability to work in a busy environment as a member of a team.
• HNC computer software development
• HND computer software development preferred
• Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with Microsoft developer products
• Experience with Microsoft Azure environment
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Experience with cost capture, cost management and reporting systems
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.