Black & Veatch Pursuit Strategist-East Region in Raleigh, North Carolina
Pursuit Strategist-East Region
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.
Facilitate the development of win strategies for pursuits primarily in the Eastern US, including facilitating strategy meetings, driving strategy implementation, developing messages and content for pursuit documents, and managing the pursuit development process through proposal delivery and interview.
Has responsibility for projects that are complex and diverse in nature, and are typically long term in duration.
Understands the strategy/vision of the water group.
Works under minimal supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Typical duties may include but are not limited to the following:
• Works with client directors, project managers and business development leads to manage pursuit development of multiple active, upcoming, and future opportunities
• Participates in pursuits that have a profound impact on the total organization
• Participates in prospect screening process and tracks/advances pursuits through the sales process
• Works with the team to prioritize, forecast, schedule, and plan for upcoming opportunities
• Facilitates strategy sessions, can be region or pursuit-specific, to develop a plan, messaging, and strategy to pursue and win major projects; supports multiple pursuits
• Uses Miller Heiman tools to guide pursuit development; completes and continues to update Blue Sheets for each pursuit
• Drives strategy through communicating and tracking progress on assignments and action items; continues to share updates and new information with pursuit teams; continues to refine messaging
• Plans and facilitates appropriate team calls and other means to keep the strategy moving forward between major in-person team meetings, including individual follow-up, preparation and support of client meetings or interaction, etc.
• Works with proposal coordinators and proposal managers to manage schedules and deadlines for pursuit strategies and deliverables; helps set priorities
• Leads development and implementation of pursuit plans required for statements of qualifications, proposals, and presentations; ensures external messages are tailored throughout
• Collaborates with full marketing team for pursuit, including coordinator, graphic designers, and others at times
• Writes, edits, and proofreads moderately complex communications materials
• Applies AP Stylebook principles in copyediting
• Applies standard brand guidelines to communications materials
• Reviews and edits documents for content accuracy, style, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
• Assists in coordination of layout, artwork, and progress through production
• Guides preparations for interviews and coaches team members on delivery
• Works with graphic designer to develop presentation and other materials when needed
• Assists and attends debriefs when appropriate
• Supports team throughout the entire pursuit process
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or a related field; or equivalent experience Experience: 7+ years related experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
7-10 years of experience in proposals and/or pursuit management
Industry experience: Engineering, Construction, Architecture
Work is frequently performed under rigid time constraints and with narrow margin for error or delays.
Proficient in InDesign, Microsoft
Problem solving and organization skills
Negotiate project schedules
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong editorial skills
Strong facilitation skills and ability to drive relatively technical discussions
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.