Black & Veatch Senior Site Construction Manager in Overland Park, TX, Kansas
Senior Site Construction Manager
KS-Overland Park, TX-Houston
Black and Veatch Oil and Gas is seeking a dynamic, driven and experienced site construction manager for upcoming projects. The preferred candidate will lead and deliver world class construction project performance on Black & Veatch blue chip projects in the Americas.
Responsible for successful execution of the construction and start-up of Oil & Gas Projects. Provides leadership to the project staff and all organizations on site. Directs staff in the daily/weekly planning process. Functions as a representative for Black & Veatch in all interactions involving the Owner and Contract. Implements Black & Veatch standards, processes and procedures, develops project specific procedures and allocates resources, and makes decisions in support of project strategies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing, updating and completing the Construction Execution Plan.
• Reviews and refines the plan as the project progresses.
• Directs overall construction effort including coordination of erection activities, suppliers, direct hire craft labor, subcontractors, startup and testing activities, and the owner.
• Directs implementation of the Construction Processes and Procedures Manual (CPPM) and insures requests for deviations are submitted when necessary.
• Manages overall construction and startup cost to meet established budgets.
• Reviews, analyzes, and reports monthly on project construction budget, schedule, productivity and quality performance and takes appropriate action to intervene return the project to plan.
• Directs implementation of established project controls processes and procedures including Installation Work Packaging (IWP) through Package Manager software tool.
• Coordinates with leadership to negotiate and implement appropriate labor agreements.
• Establishes and maintains relationships and develops a high level of trust and credibility with clients, owners, stake holders, alliance partners, craft labor, subcontractors, and suppliers.
• Leads the site construction team.
• Directs implementation of project construction Safety & Health and Loss Control procedures and is responsible for ensuring that the project meets the agreed safety targets.
• Directs implementation of project quality assurance procedures and is responsible for ensuring that the established level of quality is achieved.
• Directs implementation of project commissioning and testing plan and is responsible for ensuring that the necessary resources are provided to commissioning.
• Directs implementation of project field materials management procedures.
• Approves field purchases, equipment rentals, extra work authorizations, subcontractor progress and final payments, B&V professional time sheets, and B&V professional expense reimbursements.
• Directs change order management for subcontracts.
• Coordinates with project manager to identify and execute change orders to contract with owner.
• Directs the resolution of all back charges, collection of conformed to construction records, and other contract closeout activities.
• Establishes project field staffing needs and coordinates with Project Manager and construction department to staff project field office.
• Mentors project field staff, promotes internal and external team building, and maintains morale.
• Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with C&P Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
• Is responsible for producing and implementing site specific procedures as required. Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value.
• Champions implementation of LEAN concepts and continuous improvement efforts.
• Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
• Acts as project manager with responsibilities for the management of a multi discipline project team.
• Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Degreed: Bachelor’s Degree with 15+ years experience on similar projects in construction management role. Non-Degreed: 20+ years experience with 5 years at a Construction Manager level on complex projects.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Can articulate and implement strategic constructability concepts during detailed design and lead teams to incorporate into final design.
• Has experience in modularization concepts and installation planning.
• Demonstrated 15- 20 years Petrochemical, LNG and Gas Processing experience on projects valued in excess of 200m.
• Able to deliver Project Gross Margin (PGM) on assigned project
• Knowledge of construction technology
• Experienced in US Gulf Coast EPC Industry
• Project budgeting process and tools
• Approach to managing construction operations.
• Project controls policies and procedures
• Risk assessment policies and procedures
• Legal/contractual agreements (EPC/suppliers/subcontractors)
• Construction Project Management Systems
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.