Black & Veatch Commissioning Operations Manager Oil & Gas in Overland Park, TX, Kansas
Commissioning Operations Manager Oil & Gas
KS-Overland Park, TX-Houston
Black and Veatch is seeking a leader to join our Commissioning and Start up group to work on a diverse range of Oil & Gas projects both in the US and abroad.
Commissioning Operations Manager will have full responsibility to direct and execute commissioning activities for medium and large gas processing and liquefaction production including floating LNG, and for implementing Black & Veitch’s Safety Policies and Procedures throughout the commissioning phases of the projects.
The position will ensure that the Commissioning and Start up processes and procedures are implemented on each project from proposal through to project completion and handover to owner. The position will be responsible for assuring that the startup program is regularly reviewed and revised as needed to incorporate lessons learned and other program enhancements. Accountable for assuring the availability of startup personnel resources with proper expertise and tools to support proposal preparation and project execution efforts while meeting budget and schedule requirements. Has accountability to recruit and allocate resources, provide training, and administer the Oil & Gas Startup group in accordance with Corporate and Division Policies, Standards, and Guides.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides support to project teams for planning and execution of project startup activities.
• Provides support for Commissioning Managers and other startup personnel to address project specific issues.
• Develops startup services scope and cost for construction proposals. Coordinates with Construction Operations Manager to ensure startup scope is properly addressed during proposal preparation.
• Monitors, reviews, and reports on project startup activities and takes corrective action as necessary to resolve any problems.
• Directs initiative for marketing of startup services to customers outside Company.
• Develops, maintains, and implements group-related standards, guides, and reference documents with approval of Director of Project Execution.
• Coordinates with Human Resources to provide startup support staff to projects.
• Assigns group staff to work on proposal and project teams. Keeps Director of Project Execution informed of group workload and staffing needs.
• Identifies section training needs and coordinates training programs for section. Trains and mentors section staff in technical execution.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement efforts. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience. 10+ years of startup and/or power-related management experience. OSHA.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
15+ years of commissioning and startup of oil and gas related projects in increasing roles of responsibility and leadership. Facilities include LNG liquefaction, LNG regasification, Gas Processing, cryogenics and compression. The position will provide start up leadership to global regions and projects including the Floating Oil & Gas solutions group. Project field experience with ability to be effective in culturally diverse and challenging projects in the US and abroad. The candidate may be required to lead start up teams at different sites globally should the need arise.
• Administrative Policies and Procedures
• Knowledge of Union agreements and jurisdictional issues
• Sales ability
• Project Management skills
• Human relations skills
• Risk Assessment Management
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.