Black & Veatch Project Facilitator in Overland Park, MO, Kansas
KS-Overland Park, MO-Chesterfield
Provide project support to managers and the business team to facilitate, expedite, and drive to closure all assigned sites. Administer site contract requirements related to document collection, document review for quality and accuracy, timing of activities and bridges communication between field personnel, subcontractors, program personnel and project support assistants.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must be able to maintain and manage relationships while assuring that work is performed in accordance with project requirements. Provides subcontractors with information and support, as outlined within contract specifications, to allow work to proceed as scheduled.
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates supplier and contractor activities, products, and reports for adherence to the B&V requirements. Monitors and tracks all open transactions.
• Follows up, coordinates and communicates with managers, engineers, suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, and field staff to ensure that applicable codes and specifications are met. For example, reviews zoning drawings prior to submittal for client requirements.
• Reviews & approves site specific documents.
• Generates records, reports, correspondence, and other documentation in the performance of the work.
• Reviews contract specifications to determine all documentation submittals required for payment from our customer.
• Demonstrates ability to maintain multiple projects and priorities at one time and effectively finish projects in a timely manner.
• Leads weekly calls with specified markets.
• Applies judgment and makes decisions with respect to deliverables and input interpretation.
• Maintains project trackers for closeout responsibilities.
• Assists in coordinating deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors.
• Assists with expediting large volume of submittals and/or confirming that such submittals have been received from subcontractors.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value.
• Adhere to and train others on certain processes and procedures including the closeout documentation procedure in multiple markets.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Prior experience in a project support/admin role for construction or EPC.
Preferred Competencies: • Typing • Filing • Desktop PC • Microsoft Word • Microsoft Excel • Microsoft Power Point • Microsoft Outlook (Email, Calendar, Contacts) • Electronic file storage system • Project Management Systems • Multi-tasking ability (Prioritize, Organize, and Schedule Work) • Problem Solving (Identify, Analyze, Research, Evaluate, and Resolve) • Human Relations Skills (Written, Verbal, and Client Service) • Workgroup's Policies & Procedures • Division Administrative Policies & Procedures • Division Project Policies & Procedures
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.