Black & Veatch Field Project Controls Manager in Overland Park, MI, Kansas
Field Project Controls Manager
KS-Overland Park, MI-Ann Arbor, TX-Houston
Manager/Specialist position assigned to either a role in field Project Controls with supervisory responsibility over a group of project controls personnel, or functions as a technical specialist tasked with developing advanced concepts. This individual will often supervise the work of others, is responsible for overall performance management, and may also be responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must be willing to travel and work on-site at project locations throughout the United States an estimated 75% of the time.
• Leads project controls team on the most complex and highest risk projects
• Performs as an integral part of the management team for project success
• Collaborates with the project management leadership team to ensure project success
• Identifies improvements to processes, systems and tools to optimize effectiveness
• Leads in developing staff capabilities
• Anticipates resource requirements to ensure adequate resources are available
• Supervises the work of others and contributes or is responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration decisions of their subordinates
Four-year Bachelor's degree with ten or more years of relevant Cost Control of Planning & Scheduling experience OR no four-year Bachelor's degree required with twelve years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office with a certificate from either PMI or AACE. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Prefer a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management; or a nontechnical Bachelor’s degree with business and computer software courses
• Oil & Gas or Power Generation projects experience
• Experience with construction work packaging
• Business Acumen
• Organizational Agility
• Strategic Agility
• Hiring & Staffing
• Leadership skills to include the ability to manage, lead, guide/coach, develop, motivate, and mentor team professionals
• Advanced communication and inter-personal skills
• Self-starter and ability to make decisions independently
• Computer skills
• Planning skills
• Proven knowledge of cost engineering
• Proven knowledge of contract administration
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.