Black & Veatch Systems Specialist in Overland Park, Kansas
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Provide technical management support to managers and the business team to facilitate, expedite, and drive to closure all assigned sites. Administers site contract requirements related to document collection, document review for quality and accuracy, timing of activities and bridges communication between field personnel, subcontractors, program personnel and project support assistants. The Project Facilitator has the ability to support managers in different regions quickly adapting to differing regions requirements. Must provide high level interaction across various functional groups and understand the process for building sites. Understand payment structures and how their work and their teams work to support the payment structures. Ability to adapt to change and lead by example while maintaining a high degree of quality and accuracy.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Become proficient with defined project systems/tools/hardware and business processes to attain a level of proficiency to be known as the single point of contact for system daily functional support and training.
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues with limited direction. Identifies root causes and recommends prevention strategies.
• Responsible for system configuration maintenance. Manages user setup and maintenance of assigned systems/tools.
• Interaction with primary internal clients as well as internal and third-party development teams to support complex and escalated support resolution.
• Collection and documentation of detailed system enhancement requests. Close interaction with internal clients and Technology Services team members to identify business needs.
• Acts as a project manager for complex development initiatives, including tracking issues, requirement decisions, schedule, communication, testing, training, documentation, and implementation.
• Reviews and approves conceptual system requirements and technical design documents for specific development initiatives.
• Assesses testing needs, builds testing plans conducts and documents testing for system changes.
• Provide complex data modeling / ad hoc reporting to users and project leadership as needed.
• Deliver live or virtual training as required to internal employees and external suppliers to drive successful tool and process implementations and enhancements.
• Assess system utilization and identify further needs for training or enhancement based upon user experience.
• Identifies and assesses continuous improvement opportunities which will add value. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
Contact Compensation All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• High aptitude for developing, using, and implementing technology based tools.
• Ability to problem solve complex issues with little guidance.
• Proven ability to manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously with limited oversight.
• Highly collaborative in nature, team player.
• Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
• Possesses a customer focused, service based attitude.
• Adaptable to a fast-moving, ambiguous, unpredictable industry where change is constant.
• Comfortable around all levels of local and regional management.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.