Black & Veatch Systems Engineer I in Overland Park, Kansas
Systems Engineer I
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Looking for an analytical, results-driven Back-end Developer who will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current back-end applications and processes. The Back-end Developer will use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users. You should have excellent communication, computer, and project management skills.
To succeed as an IT Systems Engineer developing critical integration components, you should be focused on building better, more efficient programs and creating a better end-user experience. You should be knowledgeable, collaborative, and motivated with a high aptitude, positive attitude and ambitious.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Compile and analyze data, processes, and code to deliver optimized data and services for other applications.
• Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive applications and services to enhance the user experience.
• Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
• Develop operationally critical services (and micro-services) that are leveraged throughout the suite of operational applications used in the Black & Veatch business.
• Administer physical and virtual (cloud) infrastructure as needed to help facilitate technical integration requirements
• Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
• Taking lead on projects, as needed.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent work experience. In addition to the education requirements, four to six years related experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
• 2 – 4 Years of applicable work experience
• Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
• Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
• Excellent project and time management skills.
• Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or with a group.
• Willingness to sit at desk for extended periods.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.