Black & Veatch Strategy Manager - Oil & Gas in Overland Park, Kansas
Strategy Manager - Oil & Gas
Manage and coordinate the strategic planning process for B&V Oil & Gas, including leading efforts on market assessment, development of Strategic Plan, Strategy Execution Plan, etc. Coordinate other growth initiatives, i.e. Incubator program (a program which serves to identify, evaluate, monitor, and implement a wide range of new technologies and strategic business opportunities for Oil & Gas.)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Business Analysis - Leads and performs market assessment. Provides market trends and indicators to executive management. Assess market potential for proposed business ventures. Primary point of communication with executive management on market information.
• Support identification, screening and evaluation of new Oil & Gas project and company investment opportunities
• Manage reporting and quarterly evaluation of existing portfolio
• Strategic Planning Development –Oversight for (B&V O&G) Strategic Plan Development process/schedules; participants in Corporate level Strategic Planning activities; coordinates Energy scenario planning efforts.
• Establishes and maintains working relationship with Corporate Strategic Planning Group
• Significant interaction/coordination with Oil & Gas leadership group, Business Development group, P&L’s, Corporate Marketing & Branding, Corporate Strategic Planning Group
• Increase transparency to Oil & Gas Strategy business-unit wide
• Oversee Rebranding - B&V as Top-Line EPC contractor Initiative
• Project Manager Role - acts as a project manager for a variety of projects ranging from regional market assessment to Strategic Plan development.
• Manage Key Accounts Initiative
• Measuring Spend and Return on Spend Investment by Client
• Occasional domestic/international travel for client and / or partner meetings.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Bachelor degree required. 10 + Years of experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
MBA or Equivalent Business Exposure preferred. Trainging: Strategic Planning/Energy Industry Training is a plus Preferred Competencies: • Excellent market research/analysis skills, advanced Excel skills • Strong industry knowledge • Critical thinking skills, strategic/global thinker • Strong presentation skills (PowerPoint and presenting) • Solid business acumen • Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.