Black & Veatch Sr Internal Auditor in Overland Park, Kansas
Sr Internal Auditor
Black & Veatch's Internal Auditing department works to promote an effective control environment through risk-based audits, internal controls testing, pre-implementation reviews, special projects, and risk/ control education. Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for supporting or leading the execution of audit engagements defined in the annual audit plan as well as consulting activities requested by internal clients. Engagements can address processes in any area of the company (operating business and corporate services) and include all types of processes (finance, ethic and compliance, information systems, business operations). This position works under minimal supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports or leads the development of audit objectives and scope. Conducts activities to obtain a detailed understanding of the processes to be audited including objectives, risks and controls. Recommends auditing procedures and supports or leads the development of the audit test plan.
• Supports or conducts audit test work according to the audit test plan, accepted standards, workflow and schedule requirements. Test work could include interviews, data analytics, process mapping, walkthroughs or conducting surveys.
• Supports or leads the development and rating of audit findings based on completed audit test work. Organizes and documents workpapers.
• Supports or leads audit stakeholder communications, workshops and audit finding discussions.
• Prepares the draft report detailing scope, approach, results, findings and recommendations. Assists the audit manager in preparing for audit stakeholder report discussions.
• Follows up on the resolution of audit actions items and appraises the adequacy of the actions taken prior to closing.
• Responsible for the timely performance and completion of all audit assignments.
• Responsible for special projects, process improvement efforts or ongoing administrative projects.
• Assist with the development of the board briefs and presentations.
• May provide direction or oversee third party auditors supporting the audit and reviews work for sufficiency of scope, completeness, and accuracy.
• Build positive working relationships with clients across the organization. Primary internal clients are all officers, department heads, finance directors, and senior finance managers
Education: Bachelor’s degree (preferably with business or technical emphasis) or equivalent experience.
Experience: Typically 4+ years related experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Master Business Administration (MBA) or MS in Accounting, preferred. Engineering or Construction Industry experience preferred. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), preferred. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Managerial Accountant (CMA), preferred.
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Managerial Accountant (CMA), preferred
? Creative and conceptual, as well as business analytical skills, including good understanding of business process, risks and internal controls.
? Excellent oral and written communication skills.
? Strong planning and organizational skills.
? Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details.
? Must be a self-starter and be able to handle tasks independently as well as work well with various team members and under tight deadlines. Coordinate and communicate effectively with management and key stakeholders, as necessary, to meet objectives.
? Communicate effectively with the audit team and key stakeholders to present test results and potential findings.
Preferred Technical Competencies: • Microsoft Excel, Advanced • Microsoft PowerPoint, Basic • Microsoft Access, Basic • Knowledge of Financial Information Systems, A Plus • Knowledge of multiple aspects of business operations and processes • Knowledge of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards Preferred Non-Technical Competencies: • Customer Focus • Organizing • Planning • Written Communications • Drive for Results • Informing • Problem Solving • Business Acumen • Decision Quality • Dealing with Ambiguity
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.