Black & Veatch Sr. Accountant in Overland Park, Kansas
Responsible for the preparation of assigned financial reports; extensive account analysis; implementation of process improvements and/or team initiatives. Serves as technical expert to internal clients and provides resolution of intermediate issues regarding assigned financial reports and analysis. Works under minimal supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identifies, researches and resolves variances. Identify alternative solutions to prevent continued issues.
• Prepares, enters and posts complex journal entries. May also review journal entries.
• Prepares complex audit deliverables for review. May manage individual audits and interact with external affairs.
• Monitors and balances systems to ensure completeness and accuracy; researches and resolves differences. May participate in various system implementations and enhancement s related to financial Systems.
• Coordinates, prepares, reviews and files necessary complex government compliance filings. Ensures compliance with government regulations.
• Prepares monthly/quarterly moderately-complex financial statements and various reports. Reviews basic financial statements and report for accuracy.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: Typically 4+ years related experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• CPA or MBA preferred
• Knowledge of general ledger systems, Intermediate
• Knowledge of Black & Veatch Systems, Intermediate
• Knowledge of financial processes, Intermediate
• Knowledge of financial information systems and processes, Intermediate
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.