Black & Veatch Senior Estimator and Subcontract Relationships - Power Delivery in Overland Park, Kansas
Senior Estimator and Subcontract Relationships - Power Delivery
Prepares and reviews lump sum, unit rate and cost plus estimates. This position is a blend of estimating and managing subcontract relationships within Power Delivery
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages subcontract relationships
• Works with project and proposals teams to propose execution solution/strategic relationships and establishing bidders lists
• Vets all subcontractors prior to proposals/execution
• Manages Subcontract Managers
• Challenges and approves all estimates
• Manages Estimators
• Develops consistent estimate process for Power Delivery
• Determines consistent estimate tool for Power Delivery
• Responsible for conceptual estimating, cost analysis and estimate coordination and consolidation
• Reviews the design scope and develop quantities
• Performs productivity analysis of estimates.
• Prepares contingency, escalation and reconciliations for estimates
• Performs comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects
• Prepares management presentations and develop the estimate basis
• Updates and maintain historical cost data
• Reviews designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives where appropriate.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements
6 to 20 years of relevant experience, including some estimating experience, is required. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BS or MS graduate in Construction Management or related field is preferred, but not required. Field and/or project experience is a plus. Preferred Competencies: • Complex estimating principles and practices including conceptual estimating • Cost analysis • Mathematical skills • Project design scopes • Consulting skills • Analytical skills • Interpret and understand specifications and contracts • Microsoft Excel proficiency • Microsoft Access proficiency • Good verbal and written communication skills • Good presentation and interpersonal communication skills • Calculator
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.