Black & Veatch Procurement Administrator - Oil & Gas in Overland Park, Kansas
Procurement Administrator - Oil & Gas
Provide support to the project team with complex procurement post-award activities which may expand to assignment on multiple projects. May be required to support other procurement duties. Receives minimal supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads and administers the invoicing approval process through the receipt of invoices; contract compliance and coordination with project personnel as needed; routing, tracking of invoices for approval and payments in accordance with the contract; resolution of invoice discrepancies with vendor and/or project team; and collaboration and reporting to project management and cost controls as needed.
• Skilled in the overall functions of the Company’s Enterprise Procurement System by performing invoice tracking and entering purchase order agreements and revisions.
• Leads and administers the contract and contract revision approval processes through preparation of the contract agreement document for execution; conformance of commercial documents and coordination with Engineering regarding the conformed technical documents.
• Manages contract and project closeout which may include final payments, resolution of claims, and insurance coverage as required.
• Maintains a variety of tracking logs related to contracts, contract revisions, invoices, closeout, etc.
• Assists project management with development of Procurement Administration processes and flow charts for specific projects .
• Trains others in the function of Procurement Administration with oversight from Supervisor.
• Files appropriate record documents and follows Corporate and project filing rules.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BA or BS degree in Purchasing, Business, Finance, Accounting or related field preferred. Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
• Strong Attention to detail
• Proficient Communication - Written and Oral
• Proficient Computer Skills - Excel
• Basic Contract Comprehension
• Strong Data Entry
• Proficient Mathematics
• Proficient Organizational Skills
• Proficient Problem Solving
• Basic Project Process Management Preferred Competencies:
• Communicates effectively
• Client focus
• Decision quality
• Drives results
• Manages ambiguity
• Situational adaptability
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.