Black & Veatch Electrical Designer – Power | Oil & Gas in Overland Park, Kansas
Electrical Designer – Power | Oil & Gas
Our mid-level Engineering Technicians (Designers) are tasked with performing more advanced functions requiring knowledge and use of electronic applications, standards and document control processes/procedures in support of creating and modifying deliverables. This individual may also be asked to provide guidance and direction to other Drafters and Designers in the organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare electrical drawings for a variety of Power and/or Oil & Gas facilities.
• Assist in planning and coordinating detailed drawings for building layout and design development. Drawings will include raceway composites, cable tray layouts, lighting and communications, site grounding, duct bank sections and hazardous area location. Intermediate knowledge of Bentley Design Tools such as MicroStation, Bentley Raceway & Cable Management, ProjectWise and Navigator.
• AutoCAD knowledge a plus but not required.
• Use 3D software listed above to assist in modeling and/or review of electrical design components.
• Learn and successfully apply company, client, and project design standards and procedures.
• Demonstrate ability to apply formulas, principles, and practices to complete designated scope of design.
• Provide a range of drawing production work including problem analysis, layout, detailing, drafting, and calculations on project of substantial variety and complexity.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the electrical discipline or assigned specialty group within the discipline.
• Coordinate electrical design activities with other designers, and design disciplines.
• Successfully communicate and correspond with internal design resources and external clients and personnel.
• Execute project design changes.
• Maintain CAD proficiency and work toward mastering current CAD systems.
• May perform field inspections
• Other duties as assigned.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years related work experience preferred.
• Intermediate knowledge of Bentley Design Tools strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated use of Computer Aided Drafting Design (CADD) tools.
• Intermediate knowledge of various engineering standards, procedures, and document control systems.
• Basic knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles.
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Strong communication skills
• Demonstrated problem solving capabilities
• Demonstrated drive for results
• Client-focused mentality
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.