Black & Veatch Senior Environmental Scientist in North West, United Kingdom
Senior Environmental Scientist
United Kingdom-North West
Black and Veatch Ltd. is one of the UK's leading engineering and environment consultancies, specialising in water, energy and environment projects. We are seeking a Principal Environmental Consultant to join our growing multi-disciplinary Environmental Impact Assessment team in Chester.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Key aspects of the role will include:
• providing environmental support on a wide range of projects including fluvial and coastal flood risk management, water utility, renewable/ energy projects and other large scale infrastructure;
• managing and writing all stages of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA);
• managing consenting applications such as planning, Development Consent Orders, Transport and Works Order and Environmental Permits;
• supporting business development and tenders;
• liaising with project teams, clients, stakeholders and the public as required;
• providing a mentoring/supervisory role to more junior members of our team.
Full time/Part time will be considered for this role.
• have an environmental related degree;
• be a member/EIA Practitioner with IEMA and/or chartered with another relevant institute;
• excellent written and oral communication;
• enjoy innovation and embracing advances in technology and EIA;
• hold a full UK driving licence.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Specialist experience in freshwater or marine ecology, sustainability assessments, health/socio impact assessment, environmental permitting/compliance or noise for example would be an advantage.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.