Black & Veatch Project Manager in North West, United Kingdom
United Kingdom-North West
Black & Veatch is recruiting Project Managers to join their Water Services team based in Chester. The team consults, delivers and manages Critical Human Infrastructure projects in the Water and Flood Risk Management sector. The Project Manager will be accountable for the planning and execution of our projects to the defined scope, cost and programme to meet our Client’s requirements. Successful applicants will be based in our office in the beautiful historic City of Chester, and projects will predominantly be across the north of England and Wales but may extend nationwide. The ability to travel to Client offices and project sites is essential.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan, execute, monitor and control projects in terms of scope, time, cost, quality, resource, communications, risk, procurement and stakeholder management
• Contract management, predominantly under the NEC suite of contracts
• Deliver projects to the As-Sold financial metrics or better
• Balance the needs of multiple projects
• Leadership of the overall coordination and production of multi-disciplinary appraisals and designs
• Organise and chair professional client meetings
• Understand the customer’s basic and performance requirements during the sales process and formulate a scope of work that adds value for our customers and us
• Assess the technical and commercial risk of projects during the sales process
• Create and review proposals and costings for new projects
• Work with our Regional Delivery Director to identify opportunities to improve our business management systems
• Manage consultancy projects varying in size up to a £1.5m in revenue
Full-time & Part-time will be considered
• Professional qualification in Project Management and/or an engineering discipline
• Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) or Geography discipline
• Proven ability to plan, execute, monitor and control projects in terms of scope, time, cost, quality, resource, communications, risk, procurement and stakeholder management
• Leadership skills to manage project teams and create positive change
• Motivated to Project Manage flood and coastal risk management and water projects
• Previous experience in a project management or technical civil engineering role on projects using the NEC suite of contracts
• Knowledge of programme management using Microsoft Project or other suitable software
• Knowledge of Earned Value Analysis to monitor project performance and produce accurate cost and spend profiles
• Ability to work under time pressure and balance multiple priorities
• Proactive and methodical approach to problem solving as an individual and as part of a team with a desire to find a solution
• Demonstrated customer-facing success in project management
• Collaborative individual that effectively builds teams
• Liaison with internal and external clients to develop relationships across the business
• Excellent communicator with staff, clients, joint venture partners and stakeholders
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Understanding of consultancy commercial models
• Preferable to have experience of working on flood risk management projects
• Be driven to develop and improve your technical skills and advance your career.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.