Black & Veatch Managing Director of Finance & Administration, Water Business in Kansas City, Missouri
Managing Director of Finance & Administration, Water Business
The Senior Finance Officer will provide leadership and vision to B&V Water’s Finance and Administrative functions; developing and implementing processes and controls that support B&V Water’s strategies for profitable growth and operational excellence. The Senior Finance Officer will ensure organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for approximately 250 global Finance and Administrative professionals and will work under the broad direction of the B&V Water President and the Chief Financial Officer.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish and maintain a collaborative finance organization with skilled professionals and functional operational processes to support all finance aspects of the Water business and its projects. Directs, leads and develops finance professionals to support business and project teams.
• Ensures all accounting, financial reporting and budgeting/forecasting is completed accurately, timely, efficiently and in accordance with GAAP and company policy.
• Serves as a trusted business advisor in providing management with operating and financial data enabling them to meet targets and goals.
• Oversees monthly financial reporting and statutory reporting for the business ensuring financial results are accurately reported.
• Lead the preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecasts for earnings, new business and cash flow.
• Oversees project accounting for the business including providing assistance and guidance to project management, project controls, regional offices and senior management.
• Conducts pricing and cost reviews for all key opportunities and serves as the B&V Water financial advisor and representative in the areas of joint venture activity, proposal cost support, contract compliance and negotiation.
• Actively engaged in all high risk opportunities and projects. Partners with Operating management on MD&A and risk management.
• Manages cash by overseeing the invoicing process, the reporting of accounts receivable and collections, and analyzing actual cash flows to forecast.
• Evaluates and aligns financial and human capital resources to meet current and future business needs, while balancing overhead and productivity goals.
Strategy & Planning
• As a member of the Water Leadership team, actively participates in the Water’s Continuous Strategic Planning process.
• Develops and implements financial strategies to support improvements, growth and cash flow. Isolates investments and key growth areas across the portfolio.
• Integrates strategies into annual goal setting to drive accountability.
• Leads Water’s portfolio analysis and competitive bench-marking.
• Participates in analysis of potential candidates for acquisition and leads due diligence efforts and valuation activities.
• Drives change management on key financial initiatives.
• Serves as the Finance voting member for the Water Proposal Review Board process.
• Coordinates all aspects of B&V Water’s administrative activities including Regional office leases and space allocation; office supplies, reproduction equipment; furniture and leasehold improvements.
• Serves as the B&V Water liaison in the area of Firm-wide system development and financial related policies, procedures and controls.
• Serves as the B&V Water Financial Training representative to enhance financial acumen in the areas of Working Capital, Cash Management, NPV and Shareholder Value Analysis.
• Represents B&V by actively participating in various industry groups including the Design Finance Organization (DFOG) and Environmental Financial Consulting Group (EFCG)
• Serves on the Global Finance People Development Board
• Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred from accredited university. Certified Public Accountant designation or similar preferred.
• Experience: Typically 15+ years related experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Proven track record in strategic planning, execution and policy development.
• Strong business acumen; demonstrates willingness to deeply understand the B&V Water business; understands the dynamics of projects and their impact on B&V success; has the ability to establish and manage external relationships. Has advanced knowledge of risk management and commercial issues. Experience in the Water industry is preferred.
• Strong financial acumen; has experience in global financial management, modeling, budget development, project accounting, invoicing and management of AP/AR. Has strong working knowledge of project controls, including project budgeting, cost/progress tracking and reporting, scheduling, and project scope/change management. Has ability to gather, synthesize, and interpret operating and financial data and turn into compelling messages.
• Strong communication skills; must also be able to effectively communicate technical concepts to executives and general audiences. Has experience interfacing with and presenting to C-level executives.
• Demonstrates innovative forward thinking; is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market, has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work, has a sense about managing the creative process of others, can facilitate effective brainstorming, and can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
• Demonstrates strategic agility; sees ahead clearly, can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately, has broad knowledge and perspective, is future oriented, can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods.
• Strong client focus; is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirement of internal and external clients, gets first-hand client information and uses it for improvements in solutions, acts with client in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationship with clients and gains their trust and respect.
• Is a change agent; demonstrates the ability to research, design, and build organizational support for and implementation of corporate practices/programs and cross functional initiatives.
• Is confident under pressure and viewed as a source of confidence in high-stress situations. Demonstrates the ability to adapt and respond quickly during high profile meetings and engagements.
• Collaborative leadership orientation; must be able to build consensus. Performs well leading a fast-paced and geographically dispersed workforce.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.