Black & Veatch International Renewable Director in Jakarta, Indonesia
International Renewable Director
The International Renewable Director is responsible for strategy, client, business and project development and well as a project execution oversight role on projects located outside North America. This position will build and lead a global team of renewable seller doers with primary focus on SE Asia, India and Sub Saharan Africa. This position reports to the Director of Renewable Energy and interfaces heavily with B&V Power organizations within in the regions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Business Development Support:
• Works with RE leadership and regional offices to develop strategy and business plans for each region RE is active.
• Develops and sustains development relationships with clients, takes the lead role in visioning and driving proposals, structuring deals and selecting local partners for project execution.
• Works closely with Power Generation Services’ Regional Area Directors
• Support maintenance of Q&E, presentations, and other marketing materials.
• Participate in proposal preparation, Client meetings, and other business development activities.
• Lead in Go/No-Go decisions for pursuits, following B&V process and engaging business leadership.
• Participate in thought leadership (white papers, conference presentations, etc.)
• Supports development of new offerings and services.
• Mentors Seller Doer Project Managers located in regional offices
Specific activities and responsibilities related to project execution include:
• Working with Project Managers and resource managers to ensure projects have the correct staffing to execute the work safely, within budget, schedule and quality expectations.
• Perform as the Project Director for all assigned projects in the region
• Participate project reviews and coach and mentor project teams on best practices for risk mitigation.
• Stays up-to-date on technology development within the industry through, conferences and relationships with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
• Helps build execution teams across the designated regions.
Bachelor’s Degree in related technical discipline, such as engineering. 10+ years progressive engineering management or project management experience. Industry experience required. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Ability to develop and build long term relationships with clients and strategic partners
• Experience in developing talent and directing work
• Strong organizational capabilities and ability to develop work processes
• Ability to continuously network with external clients/suppliers/peers and the ability to apply technical expertise to business capture and execution
• Self-starter with strategic thinking capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to manage conflict and collaboration to achieve results.
• Ability to clearly communicate clear expectations, goals, and vision.
• Experience working in Asia, with a focus on South East Asian markets.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.