Black & Veatch Sr Field Estimator in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico, United States
Sr Field Estimator
Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico-Guaynabo, Puerto Rico-Ponce, Puerto Rico-Virtual, Virtual-US
Business Line:Govt Federal SE
The Black & Veatch Special Projects Corp. has its mission to provide a full range of services to our primary client base - U.S. Government agencies and departments. With the unique skill sets we have developed during the 100-plus years of service to our U.S. Government agencies client base, we are able to provide one-of-a-kind solutions to complex mission objectives that arise out of specific challenges faced by and unique to these agencies. Our primary areas of focus are: Architecture/Engineering (A/E) Services, Defense Program, Design/Build, Classified, and Environmental.
Candidates selected must be U.S. citizens and able to successfully pass a Federal background investigation, to include financial and criminal history. Successful candidates must be able to commit to a 12 month assignment in remote locations working in excess of 50 hours per week.
Responsible for the direction and preparation of lump sum, unit rate and cost plus estimates ranging from simple cost analysis to definitive estimates in support of proposals, project controls and project change orders.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Estimators will perform field inspections of damaged facilities to gain an understanding of the probable scope of work, including means and methods of construction. Estimators will conduct both parametric and detailed cost analysis on a variety of public and municipal infrastructure including, but not limited to; schools, libraries, police and fire stations, water treatment facilities, public transit systems, medical and educational facilities, bridges, road construction, and capital projects. Estimators will prepare estimates using a variety of documented data sources. Estimators will develop detailed project worksheets, identify scope of eligible work for projects, including cause and dimensions of damage, and the work necessary to repair the damage, and produce efficient, traceable, verifiable and defendable cost estimates meeting the quality review requirements of FEMA.
Required: • 8 to 20 years of relevant experience, including some estimating experience • Field and/or project experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related field
• Minimum of 5 years of full-time professional experience in field of study
• Professional Engineer, Registered Architect, Licensed Professional Contractor, or Estimating certifications/registrations strongly preferred
• Prior FEMA Public Assistance experience and knowledge of regulations and policies preferred
• Experience creating parametric and detailed quantity Cost Estimates for damaged infrastructure including materials, man-hours, and equipment
• Experience Utilizing FEMA's Cost Estimating Format in development of estimates for Project Worksheets is preferred
• Experience coordinating scope/estimating efforts in a team environmental
• Experience developing Conceptual Stage, Design Stage, Design Development Stage and Construction Document Stage Estimates
• Previous experience using RS Means Cost Data or similar national cost data sources
• Must have excellent verbal and technical writing skills
• Proficient with MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel)
• Must be able to work in team environment
• Valid driver’s license required
• Must be able to speak and write in English
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.