Black & Veatch Geotechnical Field Engineer 3 in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico, United States
Geotechnical Field Engineer 3
Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico-Guaynabo, Puerto Rico-Ponce, Puerto Rico-Virtual, Virtual-US
Business Line:Govt Federal SE
The Black & Veatch Special Projects Corp. has its mission to provide a full range of services to our primary client base - U.S. Government agencies and departments. With the unique skill sets we have developed during the 100-plus years of service to our U.S. Government agencies client base, we are able to provide one-of-a-kind solutions to complex mission objectives that arise out of specific challenges faced by and unique to these agencies. Our primary areas of focus are: Architecture/Engineering (A/E) Services, Defense Program, Design/Build, Classified, and Environmental.
Candidates selected must be U.S. citizens and able to successfully pass a Federal background investigation, to include financial and criminal history. Successful candidates must be able to commit to a 12 month assignment in remote locations working in excess of 50 hours per week.
Functions in a mid level engineer capacity, or technical specialist. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional design engineering and analysis. Broadens knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Soils/Geotechnical Engineers will assist local government agencies and other Program-eligible entities in the preparation of grant applications for the restoration of a variety of damaged public infrastructure to include roads, bridges, buildings and utilities. The work includes site assessments of disaster-damaged infrastructure, documenting damages and restoration scopes of work, and formulating cost estimates.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 3 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering from an accredited university
• Licensed Professional Engineer strongly preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of full-time professional experience in geotechnical engineering and analysis on settlement, pavement section design, slope stability, shallow & deep foundations, seepage, and karst geology in the areas of transportation, utilities, building structures and water control.
• Experience with evaluating landslides involving various soil types and conducting geotechnical evaluations and/or studies of slopes is preferred
• Experience with facility assessments, inspection, forensics, project scope development and/or cost estimating
• Knowledge and understanding of FEMA Public Assistance Program law, regulation and policy is preferred
• Excellent verbal communication and writing skill
• Must be computer literate and proficient with MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel)
• Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment under stressful conditions
• Valid driver’s license required
• Must be able to speak and write in English
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.