Black & Veatch Right of Way Permitting Associate in Denver, Colorado
Right of Way Permitting Associate
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Contract to hire opportunity. Assists with processing lease or other real estate documents. Assists with zoning and permitting application preparation. Performs general administrative duties, including uploading and processing of documents in a variety of databases. Ensures compliance to the quality and safety goals and objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serves as Site Acquisition Assistant/Coordinator for tracking legal transactions and land use processing. • Communicates activities with team members and other departments, as needed. • Receives and enters project tracking data into complex databases, runs reports. • Compiles site acquisition and engineering files in electronic document repository throughout duration of the project, including transfer of final deliverables to multiple databases along with the client. • Reviews and evaluates document deliverables to ensure completeness and quality. • Able to identify legal documents such as legal descriptions, surveys, ground leases, easements, deeds, land purchase contracts, mortgages, title policies, subordination, and technical drawings. • Processes purchase orders and check requests. • Researches and locates site specific documents in multiple electronic databases. • Demonstrates ability to maintain multiple projects and priorities at one time and effectively finish projects in a timely manner. • Other duties or special projects, as assigned. • Tracks progress on all open tasks or transactions. • Maintains a high degree of customer service and integrity when dealing with internal clients. • Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Implements Right of Way (ROW) processes for fiber, utility, energy, pipeline and utility pole attachment (aerial or underground) projects. Prepares zoning and permitting applications. Monitors progress of the application and facilitates jurisdictional requests for additional information as a result of the application review process. Processes include cursory title, survey permission and easement negotiations. Responsibilities may also include the negotiation of the acquisition of right of way and other property interests, as necessary to accommodate the construction, operation, and maintenance of client facilities. Ensure compliance to the quality and safety goals and objectives.
• Identifies land ownership from both client and public records.
• Researches, reviews, and analyzes land titles; identifies defects and outlines curative measures.
• Reviews engineering drawings and identify risks related to right of way and provide suggestions for minimizing risks and unnecessary owner involvement.
• Negotiates the acquisition of right of way and other property interests, as necessary to accommodate the construction, operation, and maintenance of client facilities, as scope of work requires.
• Demonstrate ability to maintain professionalism while dealing with difficult negotiations with property owners.
• Negotiates property damage settlements and loss claims associated with capital projects and day-to-day pipeline operations necessary to maintain client facilities, as scope of work requires.
• Assists in preparation of right of way related cost estimates associated with land and easement acquisitions. This includes costs for permanent & temporary right of way as well as damages, as scope of work requires.
• Secures civil permits necessary for the construction and maintenance of client facilities.
• Reviews, prepares, analyzes, interprets all land and right of way related agreements, deeds, easements, leases, permits and licenses.
• Serves as liaison between internal departments, cities, counties, etc., in support of land services.
• Assists in resolution of encroachments, damage claims, landowner complaints and inquiries at a minimal cost to client.
• May serve as Lead ROW Agent for particular right of way projects
No experience required. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Prefer 2 year degree, or equivalent work experience. Preferred Non-Technical Competencies: • Action Oriented • Informing • Learning on the Fly • Perseverance • Interpersonal Savvy • Negotiating • Planning • Problem Solving • Customer Focus • Priority Setting Preferred Technical Competencies: • Ability to work independently as well as with others • Oral and written communications skills • Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook • Supports and complies with Division’s Quality Management System and the Environmental, Safety, Health and Security Program. • Ability to multi-task effectively • Possesses superior concentration and organizational skills including: attention to detail, proactivity; problem solving, • Possesses strong interpersonal skills and is a good team player; • Demonstrates an aptitude for learning technology.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.