Black & Veatch Assistant Construction Site Manager in Columbus, Ohio
Assistant Construction Site Manager
BVCI, a proud part of the BV family of companies, offers union shop construction services for on-time, on-budget project delivery.
Our professionals deliver solid dependable solutions for industrial construction projects of all sizes, enabling us to provide leading construction services for our clients. Together, we have an integrated approach to project execution with an emphasis on safety, quality, cost, and schedule.
We work with our clients on EPC as well as construction-only projects. We self-perform projects by executing direct hire labor as well as utilizing subcontractor elements.
We continue to expand our services offered and build our project backlog.
Now is the time to work at BVCI!
Completes the entire process of discipline specific CWPs (Construction Work Packages) and IWPs (Installation Work Packages) including development, implementation, material takeoff, and tracking of progress for complex and/or larger projects. Responsible for partnering with Discipline Superintendents to identify and resolve problems or issues related to material deliveries.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees planning, developing, issuing, and progress tracking of all CWPs and IWPs.
• Participate in all integrated planning sessions associated with IWPs.
• Works with Discipline Superintendent and Construction Coordinators to identify and resolve problems or issues related to design information, schedule, material deliveries, change management, safety, and quality. Manages escalated problems or issues.
• Works with the responsible Engineering in the interpretation of Requests for Information (RFI). Interfaces with Engineering to provide constructible responses.
• Ensures IWP turnover documentation is returned from the field.
• Reviews and monitors contractor/craft Look-Ahead Schedules for assigned work scope.
• Maintains a daily log for site records.
• Supports commercial recovery process.
• Supervises construction coordinators; manage and coordinate work load, process flow and procedures.
• May lead process improvement initiatives. Maintain lesson learned/OFI documentation (Opportunities for Improvement) across discipline construction coordinators.
• May acts as the workface planner for basic projects.
• May supervise project field engineering, project controls, document controls and/or quality controls
• Actively promote the safety culture.
• Supervises work of others.
• Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
• Directs construction coordinators.
• Interface with Superintendent, general foreman, foreman, craft personnel, construction manager and vendor representatives.
• Typically 6+ years project controls, construction, or construction management experience in similar facility construction.
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
* This position is not available for visa sponsorship
* This professional may have his/her home base anywhere within the U.S. due to being a Field position with high travel/mobilization requirements. This means that this professional will spend the majority of work time at the assigned project location for the duration of the project requiring long-term temporary living close to the project site.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 4 year degree preferred.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Knowledge of cost control, scheduling, engineering drawings and other documents
• Ability to set-up and perform project controls functions on smaller, less complex projects
• Ability to do material takeoffs and field estimates
• Communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Safety regulations
• Dealing with ambiguity
• Problem Solving
• Supervisory skills
• Contract administration
• Decision Quality
• Presentation Skills
• Ability to manage teams and processes
• Advanced Excel Skills
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.