Black & Veatch Regional Technology Specialist in Chesterfield, Missouri
Regional Technology Specialist
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Provide technical management support to managers and the business team to facilitate, expedite, and drive to closure all assigned sites. Administers site contract requirements related to document collection, document review for quality and accuracy, timing of activities and bridges communication between field personnel, subcontractors, program personnel and project support assistants. The Project Facilitator has the ability to support managers in different regions quickly adapting to differing regions requirements. Must provide high level interaction across various functional groups and understand the process for building sites. Understand payment structures and how their work and their teams work to support the payment structures. Ability to adapt to change and lead by example while maintaining a high degree of quality and accuracy.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the local region with the execution of key initiatives as defined by Project Leadership and assigned via the Technology Services Manager.
• Become proficient with defined project systems/tools/hardware and business processes to attain a level of proficiency to be known as the single point of contact for technology training and support.
• Deliver live or virtual training as required to internal employees and external suppliers to drive successful tool and process implementations and enhancements. Provide ongoing training to ensure proficiency of professionals and suppliers through expected staff turnover or growth, as well as to introduce tool upgrades throughout the project lifecycle.
• Collaborate with the Local Market Directors, Regional Directors, and their stated representatives to develop an integrated market execution plan for defined implementation initiatives.
• Establish a relationship based upon trust and confidence within the region with respect to being the “Go-To” subject matter expert or resolution contact for tools and new business processes.
• Understand and communicate regional requirements and needs for new tools and processes to the larger Technology Services team.
• Develop and provide a feedback loop from the region to Project Leadership to report key findings and tuning opportunities for tools and processes managed at the program-wide level.
• Assess system utilization by internal and external users in the market, and identify any further needs for training or enhancement based upon user experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• High aptitude for developing, using, and implementing technology based tools.
• Ability to problem solve complex issues with little guidance.
• Proven ability to manage and execute projects with oversight.
• Highly collaborative in nature.
• Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to execute work objectives independently.
• Possesses a service based attitude.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Adaptable to a fast-moving, unpredictable industry where change is constant.
• 4 year degree
• Ability to travel both locally in-field and to other regions as required to augment support
• Prefer 3-5 years telecom experience in wireless implementation
• Proven technology and change management skills including working knowledge of development and implementation lifecycles
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.