Black & Veatch Operations Supervisor (Till July 2018) in United States
Operations Supervisor (Till July 2018)
Direction and supervision of unit operations during the startup phase. Support of on-the job training program for the client’s staff, including evaluation, and functional supervision/direction of the owner’s staff.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establishes and implements a program of operations planning, communications, and control in order to support the startup effort.
• Assesses the capabilities of the operations staff and address any weak areas as allowed under the contract.
• Supervises client’s staff on operational activities.
• Establishes and maintains an operations log and operations instructions, ensuring activities and instructions are properly recorded and available to all concerned parties.
• Assists in startup activities planning relating to operational activities.
• Monitors and controls a shift or crew of operators for best effectiveness.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Acts in capacity of a "lead person." Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. Directs client's operations staff.
7+ years experience operating similar type generating units, including 2 years of startup experience preferred. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Preferred Competencies: • Project Instructions Manual and contract documents
• Division Policies
• Communications Skills
• Problem Solving Skills
• Computer Skills
• Knowledge of Power Plant Operations
• Ability to handle stressful situations
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.