Black & Veatch Legal Project Support Assistant (Till Aug 2018) in United States
Legal Project Support Assistant (Till Aug 2018)
Support Commercial Manager in assigned tasks.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Speak and write English language fluently and clearly so easily understood by all;
• Be well acquainted with electronic database management;
• Keep claims organized by establishing and organizing files;
• Receive catalog and properly store incoming client correspondence;
• Organize and maintain documents in a paper or electronic filing systems;
• Manage electronic data storage systems and electronic filing codes;
• Use computer software to catalog documents, and to review documents for specific keywords or subjects;
• Pay strict attention to the detail and accuracy of every task;
• Monitor and maintain calendars for all open actions;
• Manage administrative tools to ensure the DH3E Commercial Management Team meets all of their deadlines;
• Keeping detailed documentation of actions;
• Read and Understand the Project Contracts and associated documents;
• Create a contracts deliverables tracking spreadsheet;
• Keeps Commercial Manager informed by maintaining daily contact with him and communicating issue status and progress;
• Create a Contract issues database;
• Maintain a prioritized list of actions due for the Commercial Management team;
• Confirming claim status with Commercial Manager;
• Helps develop claims by maintaining documentation files and reading Project correspondence;
• Using letter templates and data files to prepare letters for review;
• Investigate the facts of a claim;
• Maintains claim particulars costs and schedule impacts;
• Supports claim preparation by preparing summaries and materials for mediation, arbitration and/or trial;
• Organize materials for team claim review;
• Organize evidence; preparing exhibits; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses are ready when needed; taking proceedings notes.
• Conduct research on relevant laws, regulations, and legal articles;
• Gather and arrange emails, letters, drawings, cost spreadsheets and other documents for Commercial Manager review and claim preparation;
• Write reports to help Commercial Manager prepare for negotiations, arbitrations and trials; and
• Read professional publications related to FIDIC Claims Management.
1-2 years corporate law or paralegal experience required. Legal research experience required. Legal software experience required. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.