Black & Veatch DCS Commissioning Engineer (Till August 2018) in United States
DCS Commissioning Engineer (Till August 2018)
This role is for a site-based DCS commissioning engineer as part of EPC consortium team on a 688MW supercritical coal fired plant expansion in Duyen Hai 3.
Black & Veatch is responsible for the overall plant engineering. This includes power island detailed design and the interconnection with the adjacent power plants and substation. Black & Veatch will also provide the engineering interface between the Sumitomo subcontractors, including the interface with the civil works, boiler, turbine-generator and erection companies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The DCS Commissioning Engineer is responsible for planning and executing all DCS startup activities. He/She is also responsible for helping ensure the TFA develops and implements, and adheres to, the startup schedule, processes, and procedures. These responsibilities include the following:
• Attends and provides input to the process of construction completion turnover to startup, startup turnover to operations, and final turnover to the owner.
• Oversees and provides recommendations to priorities and activities of startup work scope.
• Reviews and comments on startup schedules and startup packages to track Startup completion and progress.
• Manages and maintains open communications and relationship with the Owner.
• Reviews and comments on startup procedures as required.
• Reviews and comments on plans and startup activities.
• Monitors and comments on daily activities effecting and involving startup.
• Participates in the monthly contractor management meetings.
• Participates in the weekly site coordination meeting and chairs as necessary.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• At least 10 years of DCS commissioning/startup experience
• Extensive experience testing, tuning, calibrating, and troubleshooting DCS and control systems for supercritical coal fired power plants
• Excellent understanding of all power plant instrumentation and controls, functions and interrelationships with all plant process
Extensive working experience with all Emerson DCS hardware, software, and tools
• Solid understanding of all current digital communication standards utilized in modern power plants
• Ability to review and understand OEM supplier drawings and information
• Specific experience of working with coal-fired power plants and with Chinese contractor would be an advantage.
• Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with multidisciplinary site, engineering staff and contracted resources.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.