Black & Veatch Senior RTO DTSS2 Tunnels in Singapore
Senior RTO DTSS2 Tunnels
The role of Senior Resident Technical Officer (SRTO) is for the construction supervision of a national water project. The SRTO provides oversight of the construction process to ensure that the construction of the Works is carried out as per the design and in a safe manner, and that the requirements of the construction contract and specification are followed.
The SRTO reports to the Resident Engineer, and supervises the project construction works and the discipline Resident Technical Officer.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform the duties of the SRTO on site.
• Manage and direct a team of Resident Technical Officers for the overseeing the construction of the works.
• Ensure that the works are carried out as per the design intent and comply with the relevant contract specifications and codes of practise.
• Ensure with his team that requests for inspections and testing are attended to you and recorded accordingly.
• Ensure excellent site records are kept by his team.
• Build a trusted relationship within the supervision team and with the client's counterpart staff.
• Establish an appropriate working relationship with the contractors.
• Place an emphasis on safe construction practices (Target Zero) and on maintaining a high quality of construction. Leads by example in driving safe practices on site.
• Monitors progress of construction against the programme, and takes steps to ensure adverse trends are highlighted in a timely manner.
• Carry out routine quality and safety audits and communicate the findings to the contractor.
• Be familiar with the project risk register and communicate salient points to his team whilst identifying new or changed risks as the project advances.
Contact Compensation All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Registered Resident Technical Officer (RTO) accredited with the Joint Accreditation Committee (JAC) of the Institution of Engineers (IES) Singapore and Association of Consulting Engineers Singapore.
• RTO (Tunnel) Valid Certificate of Resident Technical Officer Tunneling – Preferred
• Recent previous experience (within last 5 years) as the SRTO for major projects that are complex in nature and involve significant tunnelling and underground works.
• Minimum 15 years’ experience in site supervision and construction management of major underground projects
• Fully understand the aspects of site supervision and construction management of complex underground projects
• Be enthusiastic about improving the safety performance of site operation.
• Be able to communicate effectively with site teams and motivate them to meet the project objectives.
• Good leadership skills, and be able to work in a multi-cultural and multi-discipline team.
• Excellent communication and report writing skills, and good presentation skills in English
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.