Black & Veatch Project Manager/Senior Resident Engineer, Tunnels & Shafts in Singapore
Project Manager/Senior Resident Engineer, Tunnels & Shafts
Managing both the client and design and build contractor and dealing with tight program constraints, complex and multiple interfaces both internal and external to the DTSS2 project.
Dealing with and resolving on a daily basis with the team on complex technical issues involving interactions between the tunneling machines and constantly varying ground conditions and their combined effects on adjacent structures and utilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supporting the Project Director/Area Manager of Underground Engineering in leading a team of technical professionals to deliver construction and programme management services.
• Managing civil engineering projects for tunnels and underground structures
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Degree qualified in civil or mining engineering
• Preferably a Registered Professional/ Chartered Engineer
• An experienced tunnelling specialist with at least 15 years of relevant experience in both rock and soft ground conditions.
• Possess wide knowledge and expertise in bored and mined tunnels and underground construction works.
• Technically competent in design and construction works and experienced in the operational aspects of (TBM) as well as constructability of tunnelling and underground works in various types of ground condition.
• Must be competent in the design supervision of temporary earth retaining structures for deep excavation works involving cut-and-cover tunnels, shafts and metro stations.
• Must be competent in contract administration for large scale tunnelling works.
• Preferably familiar in soil investigation, geotechnical interpretation and geotechnical instrumentation monitoring and interpretation.
• Past project experience in key areas of underground infrastructure projects, such as metro’s , roadways, railway and underground rock caverns, with in-depth experience in supervision and contract administration of underground works.
• Registered Resident Engineer (RE) accredited with the Joint Accreditation Committee (JAC) of the Institution of Engineers (IES) Singapore and Association of Consulting Engineers Singapore.
• RE (Tunnel) Valid Certificate of Resident Engineer Tunneling – Preferred
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.