Black & Veatch Lead Public Relations Officer in Singapore
Lead Public Relations Officer
You will lead and coordinate public engagement and other external communications functions for the development of Phase 2 of Singapore’s iconic used water infrastructure, the Deep Tunnel Sewerage System under a Joint Venture structure.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Public Engagement / Public Relations
• Develop and update sound and practical strategies to pro-actively engage stakeholders, ensuring positive reputation for the Project and minimise any impacts on Project timeline and process
• Manage Contractors’ and Consultants’ Public Relations Officers work, to ensure consistent and co-ordinated messaging that aligns and adheres with the overall public engagement standards and objectives. This includes the delivery of high-quality public engagement activities and timely handling of public queries.
• Coordinate and implement public engagement activities and events, working closely with the team’s and client’s Project and communications teams.
• Analyse all affected areas and develop tactical engagement plan to necessary key external stakeholders.
• Oversee reputation management and crisis communications issues related to the Project.
Marketing and Communications
• Drive ongoing story-telling, collateral development and communications, transforming technical content into user-friendly stories.
• Drafts and edits content for articles, websites, marketing collateral, internal/external publications, news releases, social media and video.
• Source, procure and manage third party vendors to deliver high quality public engagement collaterals, both printed and multimedia.
• Oversee entire event management process for key Project-wide exhibitions and events, from appointment of third party vendors to production to daily running on event days.
• Provide basic support for client presentations and other publicity and education support requests.
• Ensure Project companies’ branding and compliance requirements are met as well as the client’s and Project’s standards are also met by other contractors during the course of the Project. Applies standard brand guidelines, and proactively identifies errors and inconsistencies in brand application beyond the current task at hand.
• Handle media queries and publicity for trade media and work closely with client to support in media relations works.
• Ensure recording and archiving of key Project milestones and events through photography and videography.
• Management of Public Engagement shared project management information system
Acts in capacity of a “lead person”. Contractors’ and Consultants’ Public Relations Officers work will reporting into the professsionals, but he/she will not have supervisory responsibilities over them given the contractual structures.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication or a related field; or equivalent experience Experience: 6+ years related experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field preferred, or equivalent experience
Experience: 7+ years related industry or government experience, experience working closely with Singapore Government clients preferred
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.