Black & Veatch Director of Proposal – Oil & Gas (Asia) in Singapore
Director of Proposal – Oil & Gas (Asia)
Black & Veatch is a global leader in gas processing and NGL fractionation, sulfur, LNG facilities, gasification and ammonia/fertilizers.
An industry pioneer, Black & Veatch was involved in many of the world’s first LNG facilities.
Today, we are one of the world’s leading players in providing complete solutions to the LNG market, ranging from feasibility studies to turnkey EPC solutions.
Provides direction and guidance on all O&G proposals in Asia. This includes but is not limited to, directs proposal efforts, ensures proposals are competitive and accurate based on price, performance, and schedule, ensures appropriate reviews are performed, manages proposal group and monitors work load, maintains staffing levels, participates in cost review meetings, attends Proposal Review Board meetings, and oversees development of proposal databases.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directs the proposal effort based on guidelines set by the Proposal Review Board (PRB); ensures competitive and accurate proposals especially with regards to price, performance, and schedule; ensures reviews are performed by legal, contracts, insurance, finance, treasury, and tax support groups.
• Administratively manages the proposal group; participates in prospect screening meetings; assigns proposal managers and monitors their work load.
• Maintains the staffing levels needed to support the proposal effort; monitors discipline leads performance as well as their staff performance and work load.
• Participates in all cost review meetings; attends all Proposal Review Board meetings and documents the decisions.
• Reviews all proposal review summaries (PRS’s) for consistency and accuracy; conducts weekly proposal status meetings.
• Oversees the development of proposal databases and historical information.
• Provides guidance regarding acceptable commercial terms, contingency levels, and fees for presentation to the proposal review board; ensures a consistent and steady communication channel between the proposal group and regional executives, business line managers, business development, legal, etc.
• Maintains up to date information on industry issues.
• Supports Business Development and Proposal Managers with presentations as well as participating in negotiations; monitors proposal spending against the budget.
• Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates. List supervised positions: Proposal Managers.
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field. 15+ years of project or proposal experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
• 25 years related work proposal and project operations experience in O&G
• Must have experience in leading proposal for lump sum turnkey contracts for offshore sectors
• Hands on and strong eye for details.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.