Black & Veatch Managing Director – Hong Kong Water Business in Hong Kong
Managing Director – Hong Kong Water Business
This position will be responsible for setting the strategy, developing and implementing plans that result in profitable growth as well as providing leadership for the Hong Kong office. This includes oversight of developing and maintaining client relationships, capturing and executing projects to meet or exceed safety, quality, schedule and budget expectations, financial management, HR and finance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Initiates, maintains, and cultivates strategic relationships.
• Creates and leverages productive relationships with senior level management within client organizations.
• Maintains key relationships with strategic Clients.
• Uses experience in business development to contribute towards the acquisition of engagements.
• Identifies and addresses critical success factors for complex engagements.
• Analyses and aligns solutions with the business objectives.
• Develops or encourages creation of profitable service offerings to be sold to clients based on understanding of needsSearches for new opportunities with existing or new clients.
• Oversee the development of processes and techniques to improve operations and develop marketable service offerings.
• Develops solutions for emerging business trends and client needs
• Achieves or exceeds financial goals
• Responsible for financial management, budgeting, and forecasting; ensures region is meeting monthly and quarterly financial performance expectations.
• Provide leadership for both office-based and site-based professionals in Hong Kong and Shenzhen.
• Oversees business development; identifies and assesses opportunities and development activities relative to the Water business strategies to ensure the capture of new business and maintenance of existing clients.
• Provide input on the strategic plans for the Water business.. Utilise capabilities exhibiting thought leadership.
• Contributes to the development of the strategic direction and objectives
• Leads management team of professionals for Hong Kong which includes oversight of client management, project management, operations, and business growth.
• Assists in the negotiation of contracts; coordinates Proposal Review Board process and ensures contracts receive appropriate level of scrutiny.
• Influences, manages, and establishes as necessary, various budgets including Project Gross Margin (PGM), Overhead and Capital expenditures
• Influences and implements Water policies and procedures.
• Oversees performance management process for professionals including individual goal setting and development planning, performance feedback, and implementation of the annual and mid-year performance review process.
• Approves and implements merit and bonus distribution for professionals ensuring internal equity while adhering to budget and corporate guidelines. Approves compensation actions including merit increases, promotions, bonuses, and salary adjustments.
• Influences recruitment and staffing strategy, manages professionals which includes hiring, succession planning, terminations, and promotions, and develops and implements training and retention/recognition strategy.
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Engineering, Business Management, or related technical discipline. 12+ years progressive experience in management of relevant business line and related technology. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or technical discipline required, such as engineering.
• Strong proven progressive management experience in areas such as engineering, business operations, project management and business development for for consultancy and professionals services.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.