Black & Veatch Sr Field Contract Manager in US, United States
Sr Field Contract Manager
Business Line:Corporate Const/Procurement
Identify, track and manage field subcontract changes to minimize potential cost and schedule impacts for complex subcontracts or large projects. Provide administrative and operational oversight of field Subcontracts to ensure work is performed within the guidelines of the Subcontract agreement and that all changes are managed consistently and efficiently.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares Request for Modification Proposals (RFMP's) and issue to entities affected.
• Reviews RFMP's for commercial compliance and works with Field Engineering to confirm Technical compliance.
• Prepare Work Authorizations (WA's) that result from the change management process and issue to entities affected.
• Maintain a record of all WA’s issued and interface with the design office to issue contract revisions as required.
• Compile contract revisions or change orders for execution.
• Interface with the field staff to identify back-chargeable events and quantify the costs.
• Develop documentation of back-chargeable costs to suppliers and construction Subcontractors. Pursue all back charges for collection from suppliers and construction Subcontractors.
• Develop contract correspondence to timely notify construction Subcontractors and suppliers of back-chargeable events or other contractual issues.
• Maintain appropriate logs, records, and other documentation.
• Coordinate with the design office as necessary to administer the construction and supplier contracts.
• Track all Technical Field Service by documenting each visit and coordinating the addition/deletion of time from the original Contract.
• Review invoices for supply contracts (backcharges, TA time) and subcontracts (RFMP’s, WA’s and Change Orders).
• Closeout all field contracts.
• Train others within the project team on the change management process.
• May develop policies and procedures
• Provide strategic guidance to internal project management
• Ability to handle complex construction claims with minimal support.
• May lead others while requiring minimal supervision.
Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BA or BS degree in Supply Chain/Purchasing, Business, or related field
Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
• Strong Analytics - Creation and Interpretation
• Advanced Attention to Detail
• Advanced Communication - Written and Oral
• Strong Computer - Database and MS Office
• Advanced Contract Comprehension • Strong Data Entry
• Proficient Mathematics
• Strong Organizing Data
• Basic Presentation Skills
• Strong Problem Solving
• Proficient Project Process Management Preferred Competencies:
• Decision quality
• Ensures accountability
• Manages ambiguity
• Manages complexity
• Optimizes work processes
• Plans and aligns
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.