Black & Veatch Site QC Supervisor in US, United States
Site QC Supervisor
Business Line:Corporate Const/Procurement
World-Class Construction Services
BVCI offers union shop construction services for on-time, on-budget project delivery.
Our professionals deliver solid cutting edge solutions for large industrial projects, enabling us to provide leading construction services for our clients. Together, we have an integrated approach to project execution with an emphasis on quality, safety, cost and schedule.
We work with our clients on engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) as well as
construction-only projects. We self-perform or execute on a subcontract or joint venture basis, offering services through direct hire or subcontract options.
Now is the time to work at BVCI.
Implement and maintain the project quality plans and procedures. Acts as an interface between project sites, procurement inspections, corporate offices, and clients. Responsible for the management of site QC staff (if any) on assigned project Sites.
This professional may have his/her home base anywhere within the U.S. due to being a Field position with high travel/mobilization requirements. This means that this professional will spend the majority of work time at the assigned project location for the duration of the project requiring long-term temporary living close to the project site.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establishes implements and maintains site quality program. Coordinates with engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, regulatory representatives and field to ensure that work is done correctly the first time.
• Assures work on-site meets applicable codes and specifications.
• Surveillance/Audits of site Contractor Quality Control Programs.
• Responsible for all aspects of welder qualification on-site testing.
• Responsible for issuance, control and coordination of Post Weld Heat Treatment (PWHT) and Non Destructive Examination (NDE) contacts.
• Establishes inspection plan and track inspections/actions identified.
• Approves site testing such as soils testing, concrete placement and grout breaks, hydro tests, and NDE testing and verify tests are properly documented.
• Reviews and control documentation for the certification of construction equipment and testing equipment.
• Reviews turnover packages prior to handoff to Startup.
• Assists in the coordination of punchlist walkdowns/inspections; establishes and manages the punchlist.
• Collating Quality Control documentation for final handover to Owner.
• Interfaces with clients and government officials.
• Develops and implements quality programs that assist projects and division to meet company and division quality goals and expectations.
• May act as Quality Consultant for internal and external clients.
• May act as temporary project fill-in for lower level quality professionals.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
• Acts as mentor to other quality professionals.
• Implements Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, and Lessons Learned, and adheres to Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, and Guidelines.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
* This position is not available for visa sponsorship
* This professional may have his/her home base anywhere within the U.S. due to being a Field position with high travel/mobilization requirements. This means that this professional will spend the majority of work time at the assigned project location for the duration of the project requiring long-term temporary living close to the project site.
Experience: 3+ years as Superintendent with degree, or 5+ years without. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Engineering or Construction related discipline degree or craft apprenticeship highly preferred
• Certification in discipline (e.g.: American Welding Society (AWS), Certified Welding Inspector (CWI), Institute for Supply Management (ISM)) or relevant geographical equivalent certification
• Previous industrial construction experience
• Direct Hire construction project experience
• Knowledge of quality standards and practices
• Knowledge of construction technology
• Knowledge of EPC industry
• Constructability knowledge
• Reading of Erection Drawings e.g. GA’s, P&ID’s and Isometrics
• Knowledge of National and International Codes & Standards
• Knowledge of National and/or International Rules and Regulatory Requirements
• Knowledge of Quality Management Systems
• Knowledge of project budget process and tools
• Knowledge of department budget process and tools
• Knowledge of Project controls
• Risk assessment/management
• Administrative policies and procedures
• Construction Project Management Systems
• Conceptual planning ability
• Knowledge of construction contracting strategies and contract administration
• Ability to effectively interface with client and government officials
• Communication skills
• Ability to effectively manage emergency situations
• Word processing and spreadsheet computer software programs
• Ability to write detailed reports
• Human Relations skills
• Conflict Management skills
• Leadership skills (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
• Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
• Problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Project management skills
• Time reporting systems
• Expense reporting policies and procedures
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.