Black & Veatch Field Office Manager in US, United States
Field Office Manager
Business Line:Corporate Const/Procurement
This contract position will be joining our project team for up to 18 months and will be responsible for Coordinating project support staffing activities and the daily flow of administrative operations for several project initiatives, under minimal direction and supervision. This administrative professional provides direct project support either in an administrative or project secretarial capacity and his or her responsibilities are non-routine, requiring frequent independent judgment. These Support Professionals possess thorough knowledge of policies and procedures, which apply to the administration of multiple projects, as well as general knowledge of company policies and processes as well as has direct supervisory responsibility for the administrative support team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversight of craft onboarding, timekeeping, and payroll
• Oversight of coordination and organization of construction related documents
• Oversight of organizing project files in both electronic and hard copy format
• Complete a variety of assignments in support of the construction management team
• Facilitates proper processing of electronic and hard copy to others within and outside the department
• Maintains action lists, to do lists, and sets appointments for team members and organizes conference calls and meetings
• Coordinates and manages multiple calendars
*This position is a contract project opportunity lasting approximately 16-18 months.
*Only local candidates to the Smithton, PA area will be considered further.
Intermediate spreadsheet and word processing skills needed. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 7+ years relevant experience
• Recent management experience
• Strong working experience with construction documents
• Understands commonly used construction terminology (i.e. RFI’s, Change Orders, Submittals, Purchase Orders, Waivers, Releases, Addendums, etc…)
• High School Diploma or equivalent
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and competencies:
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Outlook (Email, Calendar, Contacts)
• Microsoft Power Point
• Microsoft Word
• Multi-tasking ability (Prioritize, Organize, and Schedule Work)
• Problem Solving (Identify, Analyze, Research, Evaluate, and Resolve)
• Telephone and Web conferencing
• Time Reporting Policies & Procedures
• Time Reporting Systems
• Travel Scheduling System
• Expense Reporting Policies & Procedures
• Knowledge of budget process and tools
• Supervisory Skills
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.