Black & Veatch Senior/Principal Renewable Engineer in South East, United Kingdom
Senior/Principal Renewable Engineer
United Kingdom-South East
Technical lead for: feasibility studies, due diligence, design and technical advisor roles on solar PV projects in UK, Europe and globally. Assist with business development and client management in UK and Europe.
Ideally, technical expertise in battery energy storage.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Technical lead for solar PV advisory work, which may include due diligence reports, site inspections, construction monitoring, yield assessments, performance reviews and site selection/feasibility. Ideally, capability to do similar for battery storage projects.
• Prepare technical and non technical reports to a high standard to budget.
• Proactively contribute to various marketing and tender initiatives.
• Proactively contribute to managing existing key clients and building new clients.
• Work effectively on several projects concurrently.
• Work alongside other professionals in multi disciplinary teams.
? Excellent level of general technical knowledge on the design, operation and maintenance of solar PV assets in the UK and Europe (and ideally globally);
? Performance forecasts of new assets and reviews of existing assets;
? Construction of solar PV assets;
? Holding responsibility for project delivery to time, quality and budget;
? Identifying and understating customer needs and supporting the development of new business.
Highly desirable to have experience in some of the following areas:
? Battery Energy storage: design (including planning/consents), construction, operation, and maintenance of batteries and ancillary plant, and business plan development;
? PV modelling software such as PVSyst;
? Detailed design of solar PV and ancillary electrical systems;
? Applicable UK standards and legislation including Ofgem accreditation process;
? Experience of and interest in working on global projects (outside Europe);
? Project finance and contracts.
Degree in Engineering or a related subject, with a professional qualification such as Chartered Engineer. Ideally, in addition, an MSc or equivalent in Renewable Energy, or related subject. Proven interest in working in the renewables sector long-term.
Full driving licence.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.