Black & Veatch Mechanical Construction Manager in South East, United Kingdom
Mechanical Construction Manager
United Kingdom-South East
Business Line:Corporate Const/Procurement
Responsible for coordination of the construction on the project. Coordinates compliance with the schedule, safety, cost, and quality decisions in conjunction with the Project Field Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reports to the Project Field Manager (and deputises in his/her absence).
• Candidate needs to be willing to travel as they will be covering large areas in managing site activities.
• SMSTS, CSCS a must,
• AP(I) under BV isolation rules required.
• Understands contractual and sub- contract obligations, roles and responsibilities.
• Responsible for managing contractual/sub-contractual interfaces on site to achieve required productivity.
• Attends regular site meetings as a member of the management team.
• Responsible for producing short and medium term production programmes, managing site operations to meet milestones and monitoring and reporting on progress.
• Understands financial/budget constraints and manages and monitors to budget. Responsible for managing site input into cost reconciliation system.
• Responsible for overall co-ordination of procurement with construction and of construction activities/production on site.
• Responsible for overall management of engineering resources, sub-contractors, labour, plant and materials on site. Responsible for maintaining adequate levels of resources to achieve progress to programme.
• Maintains labour relations and morale. Liaises with other site staff over operatives’ grievance and disciplinary procedures.
• Oversees production of temporary works design and method statements/risk assessments and inputs as necessary. Ensures reviews are carried out and compliance is monitored.
• Manages site operations to minimise change, claims and conflict. Identifies and resolves problems as early as possible. Informs PM and PQS of potential problem areas.
• Maintains necessary contractual and financial records, returns and notifications.
• Communicates/liaises with Client’s Representative to obtain procedural /contractual approvals and resolve any site issues
• Carries out duties/functions under Company Quality and Safety Management Systems
• Maintain daily diary record drawings, and documentation
• H, S,& E knowledge & experience.
• QC knowledge & experience.
• Sub-contract Management
• Commercial awareness,
• Man management skills.
• Computer literate.
• Good verbal & written communication skills. Good leadership skills
• Mechanical construction, installation and repair knowledge.
• Commitment to quality installations.
• Computer Literate
• Working knowledge of various conditions of contract.
• Mechanical bias with Water experience.
• Excellent Health, Safety & Environment record.
• Experience and involvement on contracts in a supervisory position on water plant.
• Be able to demonstrate competence and initiative.
• Quality Control experience a must
Bachelor’s degree in construction, engineering or heavy industrial experience preferred.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• HND Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• Suitable safety qualification i.e. CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme or IOSH Managing Safety
• CSCS card or equivalent.
• Full Driving licence.
• SMSTS, CSCS
• Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent.
• First Aid certificate (4-day)
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.