Black & Veatch Hydraulics Engineer in South East, United Kingdom
United Kingdom-South East
Owing to a growing demand for CFD and other specialist hydraulic modelling, we have a requirement to expand and strengthen our capability in these areas, and improve response times to client requests.
The work in the Hydraulic Services team includes undertaking hydraulic computational modelling using a range of software packages, hydraulic analysis and design, and associated presentation and reporting of results. The role may include CFD modelling, surge and hydraulic analysis of pipelines, treatment works hydraulics, and rivers and coastal modelling, for projects both in the UK and overseas. Previous experience in some of the above would be an advantage, but a full training program will be available to the candidate for all technical aspects of the role, provided by experienced engineers and modellers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Undertaking hydraulic modelling and calculations using approved techniques, procedures and criteria
• Provide modelling and data analysis / interpretation services to engineering projects.
• Assisting with preparation of technical reports
• Delivering project tasks to budget and programme whilst meeting the appropriate quality and safety standards
• Liaison with internal and external stakeholders and clients at an appropriate level to ensure information is communicated effectively
• Accountable for meeting own deadlines/targets and ensuring quality of own service provision
• Must be able to work honestly and openly in a team environment.
• A team player, with an ability to develop as workload grows.
• Degree in relevant subject, ie. Civil or Mechanical Engineering. Mathematics or modelling based background may also be considered, if relevant experience/interest.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• MSc or PhD in related subject. Some work experience in industry.
• Demonstrable interest in water related engineering, typically illustrated by having selected and passed appropriate units during academic studies.
• Recently chartered, or intention to work proactively towards Incorporated or Chartered membership of the ICE, CIWEM or other equivalent institutions.
• Full, clean driving licence
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.