Black & Veatch Senior Geotechnical Engineer in Scotland, United Kingdom
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Due to an expanding workload, Black and Veatch are seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join the Geotechnical Team in the Stepps Glasgow office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Working as part of the geotechnical team, the successful applicant would be expected to do the following:
• Provide point of contact for geotechnical work in the Glasgow Office
• Mentor junior staff
• The design and preparation of documentation for ground investigations,
• Site supervision of ground investigations,
• Collation and interpretation of the results of ground investigations,
• Preparation of sections and drawings illustrating geological conditions,
• Design of engineering solutions for earthworks, foundations, slopes and retaining structures,
• Check the work of junior staff.
Many of our schemes are multi-disciplinary and will require liaison with project teams of varying complexity and size.
The following competencies are required:
• Chartered Engineer
• Degree qualified to Masters Level (or equivalent) in Geotechnical Engineering or other relevant subject.
• Proven geotechnical experience within a range of sectors
• Ability to mentor junior staff.
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
• Good organisational skills and be able to multi-task. Travel as required in UK and Europe.
• Full UK drivers licence is essential.
• Awareness of responsibilities under the CDM regulations.
Masters Level Degree in relevant subject
Full UK Driving Licence
Dynamic outgoing individual.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Masters Level Degree in Civil Engineering
Ability to use Geostudio Suite, WALLAP, gINT
CSCS Card, EUSR Water Card
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.