Black & Veatch Senior Civil Engineer in Scotland, United Kingdom
Senior Civil Engineer
Working with the Client’s Team and the wider ESD team, this person will ensure that cost effective, technically compliant and buildable solutions are designed, approved and handed over to the construction teams in line with programme expectations and in accordance with the Project Delivery Process, ensuring stakeholder engagement, 3rd Party liaison and compliance with relevant standards and procedures and with appropriate regard to risk to the health and safety of all concerned and ensuring good customer satisfaction. Where the project scale and complexity allows, provide the role of Design Lead or discipline lead on projects. Based in Stepps the role shall involve developing a close working relationship with SW Stakeholders assisting in the development of design and build solutions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure designs are completed in accordance with CDM Regulations
• Ensure a safe working environment for all staff
• Produce design documents which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively.
• Ensure that standard designs and design practices are utilised wherever possible.
• Prepare project execution plan including work breakdown and resource plan
• Agree the design cost budget and monitor performance against the budget and provide forecast costs to completion for individual projects
• Record, monitor and control design changes in order to maximise cost efficiency.
• Organising the work required and documenting it in the Design Management Plan
• Delivering the design stage outputs of each project within the agreed timescale and budget
• Coordinating design outputs across all technical disciplines
• Preparing monthly project status reports
• Raising and resolution of technical queries
• Establish working relationships with construction staff and supply chain representatives to promote buildability and supply chain efficiency in design outputs
Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality.
• Specific experience in primary discipline
• Working knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety
• Ability to travel
• Able to develop close working relationships with SW stakeholders and interface with other parts of ESD
• Interest & desire to be innovative
• Excellent oral and written communicator with the ability to work in close partnership with clients and end users.
• Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.