Black & Veatch Lead Mechanical Engineer 6 in Scotland, United Kingdom
Lead Mechanical Engineer 6
Management of the local discipline team to produce the project deliverables within both the Prepare and Delivery phases. Accountable for the quality of all deliverables and the day to day management of the local team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act as the discipline lead for the local team based in Stepps. Accountable for the quality of the deliverables produced by the team and for ensuring that they are produced on time within the agreed budget.
• Ensure designs are completed in accordance with all relevant standards and legislation including CDM, PED, PSSR, DSEAR etc.
• Day to day management of the discipline team including the allocation and monitoring of work being undertaken. Guidance, leadership and mentoring as required.
• Actively manages the competence of the team, and individuals, identifying skills and experience gaps and taking the necessary steps to address them in conjunction with the Engineering Leadership team.
• Produce design documents which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed, commissioned and operated efficiently and safely.
• Close liaison with the relevant Design Leads to ensure that work is delivered in accordance with the project requirements.
• Input into the project Engineering Design Estimates as required
• Record, monitor and control design changes in order to maximise cost efficiency.
• Raising and resolution of technical queries
• Establish working relationships with construction staff and supply chain representatives to promote buildability and supply chain efficiency in design outputs
• Liaise with Regional team Discipline Leads, Chief Engineers, Technical Authorities and Subject matter Experts to ensure effective co-operation and transfer of knowledge across the business.
• Liaise with External stakeholders including Scottish Water’s TSA and Specification and Standards team.
• Experience of leading an engineering team preferably in a design and build environment
• Sound knowledge of key legislation including CDM, DSEAR, PED, PSSR etc.
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Able to develop close working relationships with SW stakeholders and interface with other parts of ESD
• Interest & desire to be innovative including involvement with digital delivery techniques.
• Excellent oral and written communicator with the ability to work in close partnership with clients and end users.
• Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate the team to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.