Black & Veatch Assistant Geotechnical Engineer in Scotland, United Kingdom
Assistant Geotechnical Engineer
Due to an expanding workload, Black and Veatch are seeking an Assistant Geotechnical Engineer to join the Geotechnical Team in the Glasgow office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Working as part of the geotechnical team, the successful applicant would be expected to do the following under supervision:
• The design and preparation of documentation for ground investigations,
• Site supervision of ground investigations
• Collation and interpretation of the results of ground investigations,
• Preparation of sections and drawings illustrating geological conditions
• Design of engineering solutions for earthworks, foundations, slopes and retaining structures.
Many of our schemes are multi-disciplinary and will require liaison with project teams of varying complexity and size.
The following competencies are required:
• Proven geotechnical experience within a range of sectors
• Design Experience
• Experience of site investigation methods.
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
• Good organisational skills and be able to multi-task. Travel as required in UK and Europe.
• Full UK drivers licence is essential.
• Awareness of responsibilities under the CDM regulations.
Masters Level Degree in relevant subject
Working towards Chartership – graduate member of ICE/CIWEM/IMMM with evidence of training programme to date
Full UK Driving Licence
Dynamic outgoing individual.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Masters in Civil Engineering
Ability to use Geostudio Suite, WALLAP, gINT
CSCS Card, EUSR Water Card
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.