Black & Veatch Sr. Automation Lead, Electrical / I&C Group - Water Business in Phoenix, CA, Arizona
Sr. Automation Lead, Electrical / I&C Group - Water Business
AZ-Phoenix, CA-Irvine, CA-Sacramento, MO-Kansas City
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.
We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment.
Manage and coordinate marketing, planning, design and construction phase services for automation, instrumentation, control and SCADA projects for water and wastewater utilities. The successful candidate will possess a mix of excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated management capabilities, I&C design experience, and broad I&C technical knowledge. Responsibilities include both operational and business development as listed below. The project and client focus will be in the West Region providing national support on an as-needed basis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and take overall responsibility for I&C projects
• Coordinate I&C engineering efforts for multi-discipline projects
• Monitor and control project schedule and budgets
• Oversee development of master plans, studies and technical reports
• Supervise engineers and act as a liaison between the local design team, client and remote design teams.
• Provide local interface by attending client and contractor meetings, performing field investigations, attending factory acceptance testing and helping to resolve I&C client and construction issues.
• Support business development activities for multi-discipline projects and lead business development activities for I&C projects
• Successfully develop, manage and maintain client relationships for existing and future opportunities
• Prepare proposals and presentations in response to sales opportunities
• Develop scope of services and fee proposals
• Represent B&V through various local and national professional organizations
• Provide technical expertise in Cybersecurity, Network Design, Data Analytics, Industrial Internet of Things, Telecommunications, Risk and Resiliency and/or Asset Management.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 15 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
10 - 15 years experience in instrumentation, control, automation, SCADA and DCS design, project management, and business development.
Registration as a Professional Engineer - Highly Desired
PMI Certification a plus
CISSP a plus
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.