Black & Veatch Project Controls Lead Analyst in Overland Park, MD, Kansas
Project Controls Lead Analyst
KS-Overland Park, MD-Columbia
Business Line:Govt Federal SE
This opportunity has the option to be based out of Overland Park, KS or Columbia, MD.
Lead level position assigned to either a role in Planning, Cost Engineering, Project Controls Management or a combination. With minimal supervision, is responsible for independently applying advanced project controls techniques and analyses. The level may handle commercial issues and will provide leadership and guidance to less experienced project control personnel. Has project team supervisory responsibilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Effectively leads a team of PJC professionals and able to positively influence internal and external clients to achieve successful results. Achieves a high level of forecasting accuracy. Proactive in addressing project issues therefore supporting a successful project outcome. Leads proposal efforts.
Integrated Cost and Schedule Management:
• Earned Value Management (EVM/EVMS).
• Integrated Master Scheduling.
• Cost loaded/Resource loaded schedule management.
• Coordination of integrated engineering/procurement/construction teams.
• Leads cost control team on more complex projects through all aspects.
• Addresses contractual requirements related to cost control.
• Leads planning and schedule preparation on more complex projects including startup planning.
• Addresses contractual requirements related to schedule control.
• As required by the business unit, expert in scheduling forensics.
• Recognizes critical issues and interfaces.
• Confers with PM team on project execution matters.
• Participates in key risk management discussions.
• Participates in and may lead any potential claims issues.
• Manages controls functions from home office to site as appropriate.
• Supervises subcontract administration when assigned.
• As applicable ensures compliance with tools/processes in Field Project Controls Manual.
• As applicable ensures startup planning is at the appropriate level of detail.
• As applicable leads in shifting controls functions from HO to site.
• Acts in capacity of a "lead person." Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction.
Four-year Bachelor's degree with eight or more years of relevant Cost Control of Planning & Scheduling experience OR no four-year Bachelor's degree required with ten years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Prefer Master's degree or local equivalent in Engineering or Construction Management.
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Developing Direct Reports
• Innovation Management
• Managerial Courage
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Leadership skills to include the ability to influence, manage, lead, guide/coach, develop, motivate, and mentor team professionals
• Advanced communication and inter-personal skills
• Self-starter and ability to make decisions independently
• Computer skills
• Planning skills
• Advanced knowledge of cost engineering
• Advanced knowledge of contract administration
• Problem solver
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.